New year started well for me too

After recovering from a night from pike fishing in a very cold night minus 7 with not a pike to show for it.

I thought I would try my luck with the pigeons on the rape as in this part of oxfordshire with have been blessed with no snow.

Birds seem to be flooding in to oxfordshire as I guess in other parts food is becoming harder to find.

Hard frost and birds moved straight into the field they have been hitting it hard for a week or two as work as been flat out I have struggled to get there.

Finished the day with 59 for me and 72 for my shooting partner a old service buddy down from thame way.

Regards OTH

Yes, I've heard that there's a lot of birds down that way, I reckon they've all cleared off from this area, (South Herts), I know there's still a lot of birds feeding off Hawthorn and Ivy berries, but there's definitely fewer birds around than normal.

We did have a lot of snow here, (8"), and there's still patches on the ground. :yes:

Cat.