syndicate for next year.

bobbo

how does this sound guys, all advice is appriciated. also do you think feeding once a week will be Okay.cheers

the chance of a 5 gun hands on rough shooting syndicate. consisting of 100 duck an 75 pheasant.a large pool an woodland and arable land. at llyn dwr mochdre. insurance required. 4 shoot days through season. also walk about days. vermin control included. rota an dates to be arranged august time . 200 a gun. autos approved. also included clay shoots an end of season walk about days, contact via pm for more details.

90 a ton of wheat, 130 ton an a half.

3.00 a duck 100 = 300

2.90 a pheasant 75 = 217.

11.99 a drinker x 3

15.00 a feed hopper x 4

water butt x2 13.99

pipes and saddles 20.00

517 for game.

130 for wheat 200. a gun. 1000. budget,

land rent to be arranged.

Edited by Zapp Brannigan
PHONE NUMBER REMOVED

Try

75 duck and 40ish pheasants total bag out of your total of 175 birds I think this may put some ppl off considering you have land rent to come out of the £200, out of the £1000 budget you will only have £353 for land rent and I personally don’t think that will be enough,

You may have to up the syndicate numbers to make it work and think about putting less ducks down but upping the pheasants, after all if you can keep the ducks on your pond/lake they will attract more wild birds in. Have you thort about what the ducks are going to eat as they don’t like wheat all the time, you would be better feeding them barley instead.

Filling hoppers for the pheasants once a week should be ok if they are big enough, ducks like to be fed on or in the water’s edge so you may have trouble with a feeder there. you should by rights go round every day or every other day to check on your birds so I would be more inclined to feed daily by hand on a line of straw but still have the feeders on the edge of the wood to keep them in there,

Hope this helps

Saggy

Edited by saggy61

You will need more than 4 feed hoppers, at least 10 would be a start. Probably best to see what empty drums you can scrounge and make your own for next to nothing. When I set up a similar shoot the greatest material expense by far was wire for the release pen, you can never have a pen that is too big. Apart from buying a few Manola 'top hat' feeders everything else we required was aquired FOC.

yeah with the land rent. we are already in with the farmer so im sure he will let me free of charge just a happy 50 here an there. just saying i can dog in off your land. afew more feeders an level out the duck pheasant balance. there wont be a realese pen or anything put up. these are only really standard if your flying back to the pen from somewhere, they will most likely roost in the wood i want them to anyway, is there any retired keeper that would like to take this on ? haha

Sounds like there is some very good advice out there bobbo, I would take some of it...

I would never even dream of letting birds out to defend them self's without a release pen,

Why are you even thinking about the correct weather conditions for ? you know where you are,

There's never the right weather in the UK for releasing birds direct into woods.

But if you are still adamant in trying this venture I wish you the very best of luck.

Edited by saggy61

Bobbo, taking it your still working at Bettws Hall, if so don't you think you are embarassing yourself a bit suggesting no pen, feed once a week, and little or no decent woods . Sounds like it will be a disaster and will end up with unhappy guns and having to give them money back. :P