Dropped my new gun help please!!

grahamneilclark

Hi all, I went clay pigeon shooting this morning and when I finished A sporting/compact instead of putting the gun down then taking out my hearing protection I tried to juggle the gun at the same time and as the gun went to fall I went to grab it and cut my little finger on the sharp bit of the ejector, the gun fell on its side and ive slightly scratched the barrel a couple of light dents to the fore end piece and some small but deep dents to the cheek piece absolutley GUTTED. Is there any way of getting this fixed as it is a brand new gun and would like to restore it to its former self or as close as possible and help or advice would be appreciated.

Depending on the type of finish on the stock, you might be able to steam the dents out. If not an oiled finish, there isn't much you can do.

On the barrel, there are some great products for bluing small areas.

Tell us what the gun is, or better yet post some photos.

I can feel your pain all the way from here.

Pete

Depending on the type of finish on the stock, you might be able to steam the dents out. If not an oiled finish, there isn't much you can do.

On the barrel, there are some great products for bluing small areas.

Tell us what the gun is, or better yet post some photos.

I can feel your pain all the way from here.

Pete

Im struggling with the photos as there not great quality its a winchester select 2 TOPCOTE the scratches are very light on the barrel.

This works well, but use a soldering iron on the smaller dents.It keeps the steam more local to the damaged area.

I use similar the traditional hot dessert spoon to raise dents and scratches but as it has a Topcote finish which is a coloured varnish sprayed to give a better grained look I'd been seeking advice off the dealer.