Airgun Import Laws in N. Ireland

Jeff_Walker

I live in Northern Ireland and have been shooting airguns, mainly hunting for about 2 years. I have never had any problems with the strict airgun laws here, until now. Although Airguns are not easily bought inside N.Ireland, there were previously no import laws against buying them online, in England or in Scotland. But recently i have tried to buy a new rifle, an new Logun S-16 instead of my BSA lightning but i am told that import laws will not allow it anymore, and so internet sites will no longer ship to N.Ireland.

Short of getting a full FAC from the PSNI, i dont seem to have any options.

Any advice guys??

hes not the messiah, hes a very naughty boy! B)

just in case your in any confusion over clasifications regardless of calibre or type of weapon you have, an FAC air rifle is classed the same as a .50 barret sniper rifle in the eyes of the law!

sort it out mate, you know it makes sence

ROB

I live in Northern Ireland and have been shooting airguns, mainly hunting for about 2 years. I have never had any problems with the strict airgun laws here, until now. Although Airguns are not easily bought inside N.Ireland, there were previously no import laws against buying them online, in England or in Scotland. But recently i have tried to buy a new rifle, an new Logun S-16 instead of my BSA lightning but i am told that import laws will not allow it anymore, and so internet sites will no longer ship to N.Ireland.

Short of getting a full FAC from the PSNI, i dont seem to have any options.

Any advice guys??

I wonder how many Jeff Walkers there are in NI?

I think I'd dismantle that airgun at once and decommission it. Put it - what's the phrase - Beyond Use.

Edited by Evilv

Thanks for the advice, i have spoken to the PSNI and am in the process of getting a FAC for my current rifle, BSA Lightning and my new one(Logun S-16). :lol:

But how did you manage to get the gun without a FAC?thats what interests me.

I bought it over the internet from a company based in England, about 3 years ago (i wasnt aware of the restrictions on airguns in N.Ireland at the time :*) )