Buying a shotgun....

toka_shigazu

hi...my first time buying a shottie through a private sale. a mate wants rid of his shotgun as his renewal is up in a week and he cant be bothered to renew. he is selling me his s/s baikal which is about 5 years old and in mint condition...just wondering though what the proceedure is.

i take it he fills in the table 2 on my licence as the seller and we both send off the slip, me stating i have bought his shottie and him to say he sold it to me? post by recorded mail etc...i take it that is it in a nutshell!!

can anyone advise if i have grasped this correctly as all my other firearms have been through shops...

ATB

i take it he fills in the table 2 on my licence as the seller and we both send off the slip, me stating i have bought his shottie and him to say he sold it to me? post by recorded mail etc...i take it that is it in a nutshell!!

Simples, you answered it yourself :yes:

Thats all there is to it

turns out it was an AYA Yeoman...not a Baikal, it is 12g s/s the barrels seem a tad long?? but it fits really well, it is in really good condition considering its age. it came with a wooden padded gun box and cleaning kit, a bag full of shells, a leather cartridge belt, a gun slip, a moleskin shirt [lol]...

the markings on the barrels are as follows [if anyone can tell me what they mean]both barrels are stamped 18.5, one has 3 'stars' one has 1 'star', one has 1270 AYA stamped on it and 1360g, the other has 90.0kgs? and there is a v*1 as well. i know the 'stars' relate to choke but not sure what i have got. here are some pics.

p2020016800x565.jpg

p2020018800x600.jpg

p2020017800x600.jpg

p2020027800x600.jpg

..slipped a pic in of my new HMR!! also picked up today....it has been a very fruitful day so far!!

ATB