This sounds bad!!!!!

mimic

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=528&id=1905362005

Tell me this isnt happening banning sale of airguns without FAC in 2 weeks? Please tell me i got this wrong!!

"We are currently considering limiting air-gun sales in the UK to firearms dealers registered by the police, following discussions between Cathy Jamieson and the Home Office," he said.

ARGGGGGGGG NO NO NO ???;);):D:D

If i understand this correctly we need to starting Hoarding guns right now if there,s a gun you want you had better get it within the next week! ;)

The new law would impose strict curbs on air-gun retailers,

will only effect the retailers

or this is my understanding

"It is expected that firearms dealers will be the only retailers who will satisfy the tough new conditions, effectively stopping air-guns from being sold in more mainstream shops. There is also the possibility that the government might introduce a "cooling off" period, forcing customers to wait 24 hours or more between purchase and the handover of any weapon. "

I hope to hell you are right!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4225190.stm

I have a nasty feeling we will be needing permits to keep our guns pritty soon

Quote:

changes would signal a major new approach by the government and bring the first major crackdown on the use of air weapons.

???;)

Edited by mimic

get an FAC

once youve got it, its more difficult for them to take it away.

more and more it is becoming more difficult to get an FAC so get one while you still can

I will damn try i been a member for a long time but not been shooting , im going this week!!!

i think you will find this is to stop airguns being sold at boot fairs etc by people who dont know or want to know the laws relating to selling airguns but there will be more stringent lawws comming for all airguns very soon even possibly a licience for them just like the brocock systems be prepared its comming very soon!!!!

get an FAC

once youve got it, its more difficult for them to take it away.

Not necessarily.

Once you've got a FAC they know who you are, where you are and what guns you own so they know where to go, who to see and what to collect when the time comes.

Having a FAC didn't help self loading centrefire users or pistol shooters recently. It just made the Polices job easier in rounding them up.