Quick peep inside a paper cartridge.

It looks like It's about to fall apart so I put a knife to it & was a little surprised.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was illegal?

Looks like your knife needs sharpening :good:

:ernyha:?:blink: let's just say dis'arming unsafe munitions.

How can it be illegall.

I can own complete cart's or any componant & I can make my own so I can dismantle them.

The knife was sharp enough for me not to run my finger down it.

Ok, not as sharp as a razor but I'll keep my blood inside my skin thanks.

The one you cut up had a Fiocchi 615 primer. An imported case. Next time, use a knife made from a ground and honed HSS hacksaw blade, and cut about 3/8" above the brass. Then you can push everything, intact, backwards through the crimp. I had to do this by the thousand and my speed was one every four seconds! But that was a long time ago!

The 'dismantling' act was to stop anarchists making bombs from the blackpowder years ago. Smokeless powder is very hard to detonate and requires roughly its own weight in iniitiating compound.

P.S. Do you know Ronnie Crowe?

Edited by Floating Chamber

The one you cut up had a Fiocchi 615 primer. An imported case. Next time, use a knife made from a ground and honed HSS hacksaw blade, and cut about 3/8" above the brass. Then you can push everything, intact, backwards through the crimp. I had to do this by the thousand and my speed was one every four seconds! But that was a long time ago!

The 'dismantling' act was to stop anarchists making bombs from the blackpowder years ago. Smokeless powder is very hard to detonate and requires roughly its own weight in iniitiating compound.

P.S. Do you know Ronnie Crowe?

Ah, understood, but as a SGC holder I stand by my statement above, if I can hold & assemble componants I can dissmantle them.

After all If you have a tub of powder to assemble (I actually do have 1kg upstairs) then I'd like to see charges being brought to court for dismantling to get powder.

As for Ronnie Crowe, no sorry, I don't know him.

Ah, understood, but as a SGC holder I stand by my statement above, if I can hold & assemble componants I can dissmantle them.

After all If you have a tub of powder to assemble (I actually do have 1kg upstairs) then I'd like to see charges being brought to court for dismantling to get powder.

As for Ronnie Crowe, no sorry, I don't know him.

I agree with you!

Ronnie Crowe is a well-known cartridge collector. He had 'The Scarecrow' brand cartridge printed.

Just googled the name & a gunshop in Chelmsford Essex come up but nothing about Scarecrow cart's ?

More information if any one an please, I'm curious.

I'll dig out the shell he gave to me at a Game Fair in the 1990s. The shell is in a black case with silver print.

(He would have a display stand at the fairs, with shooting curios. Stuffed foxes dressed like people, gin-traps, old reloading tools, etc.)

I'll dig out the shell he gave to me at a Game Fair in the 1990s. The shell is in a black case with silver print.

(He would have a display stand at the fairs, with shooting curios. Stuffed foxes dressed like people, gin-traps, old reloading tools, etc.)

Sounds like I missed out in those day's.

Would of loved to have seen that stand.

As for the cartridge, if & when you find it I'd love to see a photo of it.

Ooops! Sorry! The 'Scarecrow' is another cartridge from a book on cartridge collecting! I must have had a senior moment!

However, I did find the Ronnie Crowe cartridge. It's called the 'Chelmer'.

DCP_3559.jpg

...and as a bonus, another view of the Chelmer and a pic of an interesting reject that escaped from the Eley factory in the 1990s. Notice there is no 'brass'!

DCP_3560.jpg

Thanks for the photo's F C.

I'll do a bit more research on the scarecrow cart's.

Loved the Eley reject, bet the first time the box was opened the surprised look would of been a picture.

I can just imagine someone pokeing the box with a broom handle while holding a cushion on top of their head from behind the sofa waiting for a bang.

I take it the reject is otherwise fully loaded ?

Thanks for the photo's F C.

I'll do a bit more research on the scarecrow cart's.

Loved the Eley reject, bet the first time the box was opened the surprised look would of been a picture.

I can just imagine someone pokeing the box with a broom handle while holding a cushion on top of their head from behind the sofa waiting for a bang.

I take it the reject is otherwise fully loaded ?

This one never made it to a box. I was given it at the factory. Yes, it is 'fully loaded'.