annual pay rise.

MM

That doesn't make it any ******* easier to do without it :good:

It's also totally irrelevant, as I now earn CONSIDERABLY less than £25K a year

Yes my point was that the the money problems have been caused by the high earners living to the max of there wage .

Homes cars etc now when they have lost there 100k plus job then they have struggled to find a job with the same wage.

But if the average wage earner say 15k 20k job it is not as hard to find another job within that wage band.

I just think that if your job can afford you a 6 grand or 25 grand pay cut you have not been savy with your good income and prepared for bad times.

Also if you say have had to take 25 grand pay cut what more relevant is what percentage of your original wage .

Regards OTH

Edited by Over the hill

Yes my point was that the the money problems have been caused by the high earners living to the max of there wage .

Homes cars etc now when they have lost there 100k plus job then they have struggled to find a job with the same wage.

But if the average wage earner say 15k 20k job it is not as hard to find another job within that wage band.

I just think that if your job can afford you a 6 grand or 25 grand pay cut you have not been savy with your good income and prepared for bad times.

Also if you say have had to take 25 grand pay cut what more relevant is what percentage of your original wage .

Regards OTH

Have you any idea how irritating it is to have some ******* smartarse crowing that my £25,000 pay cut shows that I don't have the savvy to plan for bad times?

It was an alternative to my company going down the pan. I don't take any salary from it now, OK?

People don't start a business expecting to go down the pan. OK, clever ***, how should I have planned for bad times then?

Let's hear it from Rothschild.

Chard I have no reason to offend yourself but you seem to have taken it that way I have not quoted or ref to you or your post direct .

But after rereading your post I can see why but without knowing the full facts I cannot comment as my post was a general statment not aimed at you .

Sorry if I have offened you OTH

I'm not some mad banker pal. Just an intelligent young lad who had a very well paid job who chose to stay in Manchester rather than live in London. I reckon I'll earn £10k this year setting up my own business. Last year I earnt around £45k, so it will hurt. I do have 2 young children and a mortgage and have savings but still it's scary and I've never been silly with my money. I drive a 10 year old banger so I'm not a flash *******.

If your insurance company screws you over and I offer my services at reduced rates because you're a PW member, maybe you'll think I was worth that salary.

Not had rise since i went self employed 12 yrs ago and because the *** has fell out the housing market i'm now getting the same prices i was getting back then, Good luck to all you who have rises i'm pretty jealous right now, and to anyone else i feel your pain

Guest rimotu66

Not sure if you was winging or not, If you are, get over it mate, we waited from April 1st untill December to find out we where not getting one :good:

And dont forget there are a lot of guys out there that havnt even got a job.... :good:

Pay cut for me and all staff, but on the plus still have a job at the moment luckier than alot of poor **** although work is getting scarce at the minute so its dodgy times, having 6,1/2 months off with my shoulder op didnt help my finances either, and there is not a let up in the recession that i can see or am I wearing some one elses glasses, it damn hards times

Alan

Not sure if you was winging or not, If you are, get over it mate, we waited from April 1st untill December to find out we where not getting one :good:

And dont forget there are a lot of guys out there that havnt even got a job.... :good:

Not whinging, just answering the thread. As I said some were made redundant and out of the 8 that went I only know of 1 that has worked since and that was only part time. deffinately pefer a pay cut to that.

The day I take a pay cut in any job will be my last day in that employment. I spent a good few years in my younger years biting my tongue over such things as money with various employers but not now.

The vast majority of the time when you hear these companies anouncing paycuts they are the very industries which recession has little impact upon, they just hid behind the ruse of recession to make more and money from the employees.

Anyways get the women out doing more I say.......I have absolutely no shame in beng a kept man (if I had the chance)