177 or 22

rishtonsniper

hi just got back in to hunting used to do a lot with ferrets and dogs but this time i want to do more with the airgun just got a falcon lighthunter 177 but now i am thinking i sould have got a 22 as anybody got any thoughts on which is the best i will be shooting mostly rabbits , rats and the odd crow pigeon

thanks

:lol:

lots of topics on the 22 v 177 thing

use the search button, top right toolbar thing :lol:

personally i use 22, hits harder, better for ratting.

if you are accurate and know you will get head shots everytime then i think 177 would be a better choice.

basically;

22 dosent fly very flat but is more likely to kill the quarry should you accidently chest shoot it

177 flys flatter, but it very unlikely to kill the quarry should you chest shoot it by accident.

No offence meant "rishtonsniper" I am not laughing at you but at the visions this question conjurs up in my mind.

I always picture an open university lecture where the proffesor comes on the screen and says "Todays experiment is to find out the length of a piece of string.)

The point I am trying to get across I supose is that as long as your bit of string ties up what you want them it has done it's job well. Introduce another set of variables then you need another bit of string!

(Oh and for the record we have measured the string under test conditions at work and the answer is 17 3/4 inches.)