SGC Cert question..

Snoogins

If your guns are kept at the club, do you still need one? Do you always have to have a safe etc. installed in your house?

Thanks!

Leon

Cant buy a gun of any sort without a license as has been said but that doesnt mean (although its usually useful and common) you have to have a gun safe as long as you have a safe place to store them (ie you could store at your local gun club if they agree and have the means)

If your guns are kept at the club, do you still need one? Do you always have to have a safe etc. installed in your house?

Thanks!

Leon

To be honest.Unless you've been a very naughty person-theres no reason why the Police shouldnt grant you a certificate and clay shooting is a perfectly valid reason.As have been already stated-you wont be able to buy a gun yourself or cartridges even.

To own a gun you need a cert, if you keeep it at a club you dont need a cabinet at home. I have a friend who has a cert and no cabinet, but then doesnt own a gun at the moment. If you only intend to own 1 and keep it at a club then FEO may be happy with a Gun Clamp (not that i have ever seen one....) A cabinet isnt a big deal and would suggest you do get one just in case you need to take it away somewhere or to a shoot at another ground etc. Local FEO would be able give better advice and also speak to the club.....

To be honest.Unless you've been a very naughty person-theres no reason why the Police shouldnt grant you a certificate and clay shooting is a perfectly valid reason.As have been already stated-you wont be able to buy a gun yourself or cartridges even.

If you have been proper naughty i.e. sent down you cant even use a shotgun on a section 11 ground or buy an airrifle. Unless you have been back to court and got an exemption from a judge.

Edited by HDAV

To own a gun you need a cert, if you keeep it at a club you dont need a cabinet at home. I have a friend who has a cert and no cabinet, but then doesnt own a gun at the moment. If you only intend to own 1 and keep it at a club then FEO may be happy with a Gun Clamp (not that i have ever seen one....) A cabinet isnt a big deal and would suggest you do get one just in case you need to take it away somewhere or to a shoot at another ground etc. Local FEO would be able give better advice and also speak to the club.....

If you have been proper naughty i.e. sent down you cant even use a shotgun on a section 11 ground or buy an airrifle. Unless you have been back to court and got an exemption from a judge.

To be fair that's slightly misleading the only mandatory ban to possessing firearms is the following..............

Anyone sentenced to imprisonment for three months or more is prohibited for a period of five years following their release. Anyone sentenced to three years or more is prohibited for life.

Great thanks for the info. I'm up in bonnie Scotland for a few months in a month -so it may have to wait..However,that doesn't mean I can't sort out the rest of my lessons beforehand to get more confident. No prison time for me at time of writing!! It should be pretty straight forward, It is not as if I will be asking for a Mac10 to shoot clays!

Cheers,

Leon

Edited by Snoogins