RIZZINI

t0mmy

Can anyone give me some info with regards to my gun...? It is a Rizzini 28 inch M/C bought new about 10 years ago but until about 3 months ago i had only ever fired about 200 cartiges through it, I now have some shooting on a farm that has a problem with geese, I bought some steel shot but the box says for a service pressure of at least 3 tons per square inch or European proof pressure of 850kg...What symbals should i look for on the gun? I was recently told by someone that it is like a Baikal and fire most things..(The cartriges are Eley grand prix HV Bismuth)

Edited by t0mmy

Nitro proof means that your gun has been passed to fire nitrocellulose based cartridges as opposed to the old black powder ones.

You can rest assured that your Rizzini is not only nitro proofed but is capable of firing any 2¾ inch cartridge up to 1370 BAR, which is probably any shell you will really need. :)

G.M.

Thanks for that...... The thing that gets up my nose is the fact that these geese are no where near the river or any water for that matter, but I know **** law that if I was to slip a lead cartridge in I would get busted, today they were so low i could of touched them but i didnt want to risk the gun blowing up in my face.... I will get them at the weekend with my Bismuth .... Thanks once again.

I bought some steel shot but the box says .....

..(The cartriges are Eley grand prix HV Bismuth)

Did you buy STEEL or BISMUTH carts. There is a big diff there. On the steel shot I use it states the gun MUST have the fluer-de-lays proof mark for STEEL.

Bismuth carts are OK in most guns that can fire the same load in lead.

Trev

They are Bismuth.... 1 1/8 load. It was the bit about Nitro proved guns that I dont understand Someone told me that all guns in the last 20 years or so are nitro proof... Think I will go to my local gun shop just to make sure.

Edited by t0mmy