kennels

darren m

when building kennels wall sections

which type of wire mesh is best ?

wheres the best place to get some?

thanks

i will be selling a block of 7 kennels with out door runs on them in the next few months 6 ft x 6ft sleeping compartment insulated plastic lined, with 6ft x 12ft runs galvanised panels, they have wooden floors in, they split into a 3 block and 2 x 2 block. they will need some new wood round bottom but wouldnt take much to put them right,cant upload pic said its to large, if interested pm me your email and i will send some pics,cheers.

the run is 3mx2.4m

and the kennel is 1.2mx2.4m

the run including the roof set me back about £400

and as i borrowed :yes: most of the other stuff for the base and the kennel i was surprised at how much it actually cost me.i went way over the top with the kennel the walls are plyed with 12mm wbp externally and 12mm shuttering ply internally.the walls are also insulated with 50mm kingspan and 100mm in the floor.the biggest cost was the log roll shiplap setting me back at about £200.

all in all it worked out at about £800/£1000.but you could do it alot cheaper

pegleg - nice set up mate , your dogs look rock steady around those hens <_<

re- the metal kennel panels - do you remember the price each and what size are they.

The area i am thinking of using already as a base , it was part of an old garage base , the newer prefab garage is there now and i want to use the end of it and build the run onto that , so just need 3 walls and an idea for a internall kennel . roof is already in place using previous hardwood posts that where already there in position at each corner that a carport roof ran on to .

it wont be very big run approx 8x8 , but then the dogs will only be in there on and off a few hours each day and sleep inside in the utility at night.

kep the ideas coming lads , and more pics the better

There between £40-£60 a pannel mate. + £25 delivery n £5 for each additional pannel If I remember rightly.

I bought mine from a mate who finished with his Mrs and had the kennel at her rents house so I had 3 pannels and a massive dog house for £120 + got a mate to bring them over my house in his truck :shifty:

Get a price from a local fabricator for galvanised frames to suit with a weldmesh infill; it will be cheaper than anything "commercial" and then stick a timber day box inside the enclosure - there's plenty on flea bay.