Pheasant crates?

I've never transported adults in crates, but 12 would sound sensible to me.

When our 6 week old poults arrive there is usually 33 or 36 in each crate, I can't remember which figure is correct.

webber

Thanks for confirming that Webber, our club is collecting adult birds next week and we have to buy crates.

Blimey, I think crates are about £35 each, have you tried to borrow or hire crates?

webber

Well a neighbouring club that we were supposed to be getting a loan of crates from, are getting birds from the same game dealer at the same time and they have had all their crates stolen, so we're in a spot of bother!!!

Fortunately we have a ready supply of new crates and the clubs bank balance is healthy enough and if we can collect the birds in the morning and then get the crates back to the dealer by the time he gets the ferry we might not need so many and should be okay!

The last couple of years it has come up at club meetings to buy crates but the tight ***** in the club think its great saving money on this and that, well I'm glad that something like this has finally happened and I get to say 'I TOLD YOU SO!'

You get 20 hens or 15 cocks comfortably in a 97x58x27cm crate, you could squeeze 25 hens or 20 cocks for a short trip if you had to. I clip the cocks tails that way they are less of a hassle in loading/transit and keep tidy in the pen. I get 30-40 poults in the same size crate depending on age 6 to 8wks.

You do get smaller crates probably by 1/4 to 1/3rd of the length this might by why some say around 14 and others say more.

Edited by AmateX