Pinewood Advantage

ochre

I just splashed out on a Pinewood Advantage Magnet and have been having some problems:

1. Can't seem to keep the Pinewood winged decoys on the magnet's cradle arms (doesn't appear to be a very secure fit).

2. The speed control unit doesn't work.

3. The crocodile clips are of such low quality that one has actually fallen off the cradle arm.

I have contacted Pinewood and hope they will be able to send me some replacement parts. In the mean time, anyone got an idiots' guide to attaching winged decoys to a Pinewood Advantage?

Many thanks, Ochre.

I have a Pinewood Advantage rotary and haven't had the same problems you are experiencing, although I don't have their speed controller.

I won't ask if you read the instructions properly, as being a bloke (like me), you don't read them until something goes wrong. ;)

I'm sure Pinewood will sort out your problems. :lol:

Invector - do you know, I just saw one swoop in and I dropped it with my imaginary 20 bore ;)

Cranfield - you might have something with that 'instruction' thing; I don't know what 'instructions' are, I think that's a gender specific term. Of course, if I did find out how to get the winged decoys on the cradle as a result of having read the instructions, I certainly wouldn't let on now would I? :lol:

I remain optimistic that Pinewood will come up trumps.

hi i dont know if this is any help or if it is any good :lol: but there is a chap on ebay who sells the speed controllers cheap :lol: . he seems to know what he is on about and makes the device himself they look pretty good to be honest :oops: does any one else have any views on them :*) .

An interesting response from Pinewood: emails sent (but not received by me) and big attitude about this forum - he doesn't like it. Actually told me to pick up the phone if I have a problem rather than sending an email. Was pretty shirty and hardly apologetic - I thought you would like to know just in case you have the pleasure of an encounter with Mr Pinewood - very prickly.

An interesting response from Pinewood: emails sent (but not received by me) and big attitude about this forum - he doesn't like it. Actually told me to pick up the phone if I have a problem rather than sending an email. Was pretty shirty and hardly apologetic - I thought you would like to know just in case you have the pleasure of an encounter with Mr Pinewood - very prickly.

Yes i had a problem with pinewood when i first ordered a Advantage rotary which i received damaged.

When i contacted david westwood via phone his reply was "have you got it to use or to look at" which i replied "you wouldnt get a new shotgun that was damaged" to which he then said "i think you'll find you would".

I think there customer relations is very poor, and i for one will not order from them anymore.

I too had a problem with Pinewood and the non-delivery of emails. I took them to task on several forums and they sent hard copies of the emails that I had not received, resulting in my apologies on each forum.

1. Shouldn't a company like Pinewood that charges high price for its equipment have a reliable email service? It is hardly the customer's problem if their IT equipment has problems.

2. I still do not expect to have someone I have paid over £250 to be rude to me and not apologise for providing damaged goods (even if they did think they sent the emails).

I don't want this to become a big deal, but a bit of common courtesy from UK retailers would not go amiss. We are becoming renowned for our poor customer service and it is totally unnecessary.

The original problem I had with Pinewood was that they sent my order for pigeon cradles with my Visa Card number in the correspondence. I was annoyed because this could have been used by someone to extract money from my account. They have since amended this practice.

Ochre,

This trick works wonders mate. If you paid by credit card for the goods contact the company and tell them that the product is defective. Also tell them that you are in contact with the supplier and they are being unhelpfull. The credit card Co. will then claim the money back.

I have had to do this in the past with companies and am always amazed at the change in their attitude.

Good luck

LB