Got A Replacement Lamping Set Up, And Its Awesome !!!

robbobsam

Hiya Guys,

After my Clulite debacle I have managed to source an awesome torch with the money I was refunded from the Clullite Supreme.

It is the Jetbeam Raptor I and its truly awesome.....It claims to have a 500m Beam !!!!!

However in reality it is 250-300m useable beam.

Check this link out >>> Jetbeam Raptor RRTI

P3120003.jpg

P3120004.jpg

P3120007.jpg

You can also get the tactical pressure pad for this torch as well and I got the mount from Mark Knibbs's country store at Shustoke.

What do you think of it guys ?

Edited by robbobsam

I have had a lot of interest in this set up so I will post the info here instead of keep responding to P.M's.

To start with, the set up doesn't only look good, it works fantastic too. The torch is rated as 500m but in reality I would say that it provides a good usable boom to shoot with up to 250-300m.

The torch has 5 beam settings, they are.

High Power..........250-300m Usable beam.

Medium Power.....50-100m Usable beam.

Low Power..........Only good for close up work really.

Strobe................This is the flashing on and off at irregular rates of the high power beam.

Off......................Obvious

When mounted using the mounts I have the scope reticule is exactly in the center of the torch beam.

I used this set up last night and I bagged another 2 rabbits with it.

You can also get a pressure switch to attach to it as I have in the pictures.

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/jetbeam/jetbeam-rrt1.html

The torch is not cheap but it is fantastic...........£109........or £70 from a power seller on E-bay.

The pressure switch is £25 from the same place as the torch (Flashaholics), however I got a deal out of him and paid £115 for the torch and preassure switch.

The torch mount will fit either 25mm or 30mm scope barrels and was £30.

I got the mount from Mark Knibbs at the country store shustoke. He is a really nice guy and even fitted it for me. I am sure he would post it out for you if you ask him. You can contact him here >>>> Tel: 01675-481 006

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/jetbeam/jetbeam-rrt1.html

Edited by robbobsam

How did you find that battery life compared to what the manfacturer claimed?

I went out last night with the 2 small cr123 batteries that came with it, and I was out for about 3-4 hours. Obviously the torch wasn't on all the time but the torch was as good when I started as when it finished.

The torch will take 2 x cr123 or 1 x 18650 batteries so I have bought 4 18650 batteries and a charger off of ebay. The 4 batteries and charger cost me about £20 delivered.

Here are the links to them on e-bay.

Batteries

Charger

These on e-bay are the 3000amh ones too not the 2400amh ones sothem should last longer.

Edited by robbobsam