Remington VS Hornady continued

rad334

After my last thread about how my cz 452 17hmr shoots better with different ammo after I had the barrel cut to 16". You can see the odd flier at 100yrds but the group really starts to open up at 125yrds. The bigger targets are 3" and the small one's are 2". When the barrel was 22" hornady was the best by far, but now remington ammo looks the best. Very strange :hmm:

post-21266-1269627164.jpg

It's good to see someone putting the effort in to show us the difference between the different types of ammo in an understandable way using a good photo rather than just a quick write up.

Well done and thanks Rad334 mate! :hmm::good::hmm:

Incidentally mate, there's not much wrong with groups like that, what set up (Rifle and scope) you are using?

It's good to see someone putting the effort in to show us the difference between the different types of ammo in an understandable way using a good photo rather than just a quick write up.

Well done and thanks Rad334 mate! :hmm::good::hmm:

Incidentally mate, there's not much wrong with groups like that, what set up (Rifle and scope) you are using?

I use a CZ 452 american with simmons whitetail classics 3.5-10x50, 16" barrel with a trigger kit and sak mod. It shoots brilliant.

post-21266-1269632495.jpg

There's nothing wrong with that shooting rad334 well done,how do you find the scope for shooting at them ranges,do you use a spotting scope.

I find the scope works well, and no I dont use a spotting scope, Those shoot and see targets show up well up to 125yrds.

After my last thread about how my cz 452 17hmr shoots better with different ammo after I had the barrel cut to 16". You can see the odd flier at 100yrds but the group really starts to open up at 125yrds. The bigger targets are 3" and the small one's are 2". When the barrel was 22" hornady was the best by far, but now remington ammo looks the best. Very strange :good:

post-21266-1269627164.jpg

Still can't get my head round why, but interesting! :lol:

There must obviously be SOME difference in the ammo for Hornady to shoot better in the longer barrel to start with, despite the common suggestion it is all the same :lol::yes::lol:

Still can't get my head round why, but interesting! :oops:

There must obviously be SOME difference in the ammo for Hornady to shoot better in the longer barrel to start with, despite the common suggestion it is all the same :lol::hmm::hmm:

It is strange, I wish I had some old targets I could show you how much better the hornady used to group. :hmm:

I find the scope works well, and no I dont use a spotting scope, Those shoot and see targets show up well up to 125yrds.

I was thinking of putting a lower mag scope on my HMR,3-9x42,thought it would be a little difficult zeroing at 100yds.I have a nikko on at the minute 6-24x44 and with this one I can see the bullet holes at 100yds.