Bushnell Elite 6500 ?

chrispti

Had a search on the net >>> hth

The latest Elite 4200. It is a tactical scope, which means that it is designed to shoot people (If it’s OK for you to do so; otherwise don’t) or for use on a beanfield gun, or on a predator rifle. It has a 30mm tube, cranks from 6X to 24X, has a 50mm objective, dial-mounted parallax adjustment, and an illuminated mil-dot reticle in the first focal plane so you can range at any power

I know this is for the 4200 but should be the same for the 6500

Edited by bigstevouk

I've got one but ther's no instuuctions, can you tell just by looking at it ?

If the reticle is in the first focal plane, increase the power of the scope and the target and reticle grow simultaneously. Decrease the power, and they both shrink.

When the reticle is in the second focal plane, changing power setting increases or decreases the size of the target image, but the reticle remains a constant size to your eye

If the reticle is in the first focal plane, increase the power of the scope and the target and reticle grow simultaneously. Decrease the power, and they both shrink.

When the reticle is in the second focal plane, changing power setting increases or decreases the size of the target image, but the reticle remains a constant size to your eye

just dragged mine out of the cupboard, when changing the mag level, image obviously increases/decreases but the reticle remains fixed. ...Hope that helps , BTW it's a good scope but in hindsight I find that with the parallex adjuster I'm normally shooting slightly blurred as I don't always get the time to fanny around adjusting that first, so I set it for about 85yards (mines on an HMR) and generally everything I shoot at is within 40 yards either side of that, .... I'm too lazy to change the mag too, just leave it set :good:

If I`v got it right it would be second as when I zoom the crosshair stays the same size target get`s bigger/smaller.

just dragged mine out of the cupboard, when changing the mag level, image obviously increases/decreases but the reticle remains fixed. ...Hope that helps , BTW it's a good scope but in hindsight I find that with the parallex adjuster I'm normally shooting slightly blurred as I don't always get the time to fanny around adjusting that first, so I set it for about 85yards (mines on an HMR) and generally everything I shoot at is within 40 yards either side of that, .... I'm too lazy to change the mag too, just leave it set :good:

Thanks for that gents :P

Gobfish, if you fire at a target on low mag at 100yrds and then zoom right in and fire again at the same mark, does the POI change :D

Thanks for that gents :good:

Gobfish, if you fire at a target on low mag at 100yrds and then zoom right in and fire again at the same mark, does the POI change :P

no idea mate, I never change the mag as it gives me an idea of range in the field by how big the bunny is in the picture. It's too dark out there at the mo to play around, and sadly I have to work all over easter, but if you can wait til Wednesday I can give it a go and give you a definitive answer

no idea mate, I never change the mag as it gives me an idea of range in the field by how big the bunny is in the picture. It's too dark out there at the mo to play around, and sadly I have to work all over easter, but if you can wait til Wednesday I can give it a go and give you a definitive answer

Much appreciated mate, thanks :good:

Checked that Bushnell 6500 elite today, as mentioned earlier when changing mag the image changes size wheras the reticule does not. You asked me about POI at different magnifications, I shot it today at 4x, 10x & 16x with no change of POI, admittedly there was a little bit of wind so my grouping was a little looser than normal but not by enough to hide a POI change, as mentioned before, I have mine on an HMR and a hundred yards is a long way for that little bullet to fly unaffected in wind, however as I said mag change didn't affect POI. Just as a footnote I bought this scope to go on a .223 but found that the Leupold VX2 which I'd bought for the HMR didn't suit it at all, so swapped them over, I think that the Busnell is a little bit of overkill on the HMR. Having both guns out today I have to say that the Bushnell had equal clarity of lens yet was smoother/easier to operate (the Leupold mag ring is very stiff to operate and can't really be done easily whilst you are looking through it) the bushnell is smooth and precise, although the reticule is slightly heavy (mine is mil dot) and it's a chore adjusting the parallex. Having tried them side by side it pains me to say that the Bushnell appears to be the better scope, cos I'd always hankered after a Leupold and had put them on a pedestal way above most others.

Checked that Bushnell 6500 elite today, as mentioned earlier when changing mag the image changes size wheras the reticule does not. You asked me about POI at different magnifications, I shot it today at 4x, 10x & 16x with no change of POI, admittedly there was a little bit of wind so my grouping was a little looser than normal but not by enough to hide a POI change, as mentioned before, I have mine on an HMR and a hundred yards is a long way for that little bullet to fly unaffected in wind, however as I said mag change didn't affect POI. Just as a footnote I bought this scope to go on a .223 but found that the Leupold VX2 which I'd bought for the HMR didn't suit it at all, so swapped them over, I think that the Busnell is a little bit of overkill on the HMR. Having both guns out today I have to say that the Bushnell had equal clarity of lens yet was smoother/easier to operate (the Leupold mag ring is very stiff to operate and can't really be done easily whilst you are looking through it) the bushnell is smooth and precise, although the reticule is slightly heavy (mine is mil dot) and it's a chore adjusting the parallex. Having tried them side by side it pains me to say that the Bushnell appears to be the better scope, cos I'd always hankered after a Leupold and had put them on a pedestal way above most others.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this :whistling: