feral pigeons

has anybody any methods of trapping these in and around farm buildings.the one we have tried iis a 8ft square pen with a large pop hole in the top so they can drop in but cant get out. we have a perch,water and feeding in the trap and its checked each day and have the suitable paperwork for trapping, but we can get them into trap. are there any other methods? the building is farm is a college farm and its busy through the day,and they dont roost there at night so trapping them seems the best option. but so far its not worked

That's what they use in the US to get pigeons for dog training. Get them used to the trap for a few days by tying up the bobs and letting them go in and out. Put feed all around the trap during that time. Start restricting the feed to inside the trap only. After a week or so when they are all comfortable going into the trap, let the bobs down so when they go in they are stuck.

Thanks

Rick

Its not trapping, but I have had very good numbers, (up tp 14 in a few hours), with a fully moderated .410 .

I find they are most active on sunny days early in the morning, and I have often shot while there are RSPCA/LACS kids/mothers havign riding lessons less than 75 yeards away who were none the wiser :yes:

Often catch them flitting between various barns, and find that the vast majority are so un offended by people they will fly right at and over you to land so make the perfect low altitude driven bird!