how high to set decoys on rape

if you push it over i dont think you'll have to worry were to put them . as i'm sure the farmer would throw you off ....i'd us longer stick's or place them on top of the rape

not push it over as in a sence of ruining and breaking the farmers crop and not pushing over a massive area. i mean just where the decoys are and just spreading it as so the decoy can be seen. the flight line seems to change daily where i shoot and it so frustrating.

Shooting over rape that high my farmers would have a total fit. You are probably doing more damage than the birds at this time in its growth. You would do well to secure future trips to ring the Framer and say " Ive ceased shooting on the sprouting rape as there is a likelyhood that I would do more damage than the birds " 100 quid says he will think more of you for that admission, and remember you next season or at harvest.

The easy answer to the question, is just make sure the pigeons can see them, I use longer sticks when the rape gets higher.

With regard to crop damage, its always sensible to use the tractor tracks when the crop gets higher, but you are not going to cause any real damage/loss, until the crop has ripening pods.

Thats when I wouldn't even let a dog retrieve from the crops, as its so easy to spill the rape seed.

The easy answer to the question, is just make sure the pigeons can see them, I use longer sticks when the rape gets higher.

With regard to crop damage, its always sensible to use the tractor tracks when the crop gets higher, but you are not going to cause any real damage/loss, until the crop has ripening pods.

Thats when I wouldn't even let a dog retrieve from the crops, as its so easy to spill the rape seed.

:angry: cheers cranfield