Marking YOUR territory

Billy.

Ages ago I was out walking with the dog and I desperately needed the loo (number 1). I stopped and found a suitable tree and did my business. Whilst I was doing that, the dog came running over and stood about 6ft away and waited for me to finish. Once I walked away, he proceeded to wee all over the base of the tree...!

Anyway, I have since found that he must wee wherever I do (obviously not in the toilet at home), so if I need him to go in the garden because I'm too busy to walk him, I just have a quick tinkle in the garden and he's fooled into it and doesn't need a walk...!

Anyone tried this? :good:

My mates lurcher does it, we let him out in the garden and let him do his business.

My mate then went and weed up the fence, the dog went over and did it in the same place. So I went and did it on the opposite fence. The lurcher walked over to my wee and sniffed, then walked away.

Its MY garden now :good:

Not really :)

Although it does appear to have sound reasoning behind it :yes: ..however I cant imagine it being readily picked up by leading dog handlers and trainers because of its inconvenience.

Steve

...What, like you need to go to the toilet for it to work :good:

Edited by harfordwmj

I got marked by my oldest once when I was having a cuppa in the garden. Just a sprinkle, but I was not having it, so I broke out the big fella and made sure I marked him properly. He's not tried to do the same thing since and it a bit more obedient.