BASA or BASC

G man

i am member of ngo its a lot cheaper than basc ,you get membership card with insurance details on back plus car sticker and pin badge ,magazine ect .insurance is 5 million. plus may help when asking a keeper for some shooting when he spots your badge..

Could you give us a few more details please, e.g. cost etc.

I might consider joining both.

Infact as soon as they have got the money you are covered, even before you get the paperwork!

The only bad thing is that you cannot get proof of insurance as they only do that for live rounds.

I think thats right isn't it AXE?

Not quite Snakebite, the letter you refer to is the endorsement letter drafted for full membership, to present to landowners etc to prove your validity of insurance. They do not currently have a similar letter drafted for Airgunners which is why I had to upgrade.

If its just insurance people are after, then any of the organsiations offering insurance will suffice. If you want to be heard and voice an opinion then BASC, for me, is the only option as they are recognised as the voice of shooting, by the government. It doesnt give the other organsiations a fair chance I know, but thats life.

Edited by Axe

BASC for me every time

If you go for full membership then you are covered what ever you do

Airguns, Shotguns, Firearms, Gamekeeping, Dog handlers, Beaters

Even if your dog runs of and bites somebody

As well BASC are the only organisation to lobby parliament to protect our sport

They organise Youngshot days at Nonprofit to keep it cheep, for the young uns to have a taste at a vast amount of country activities and to introduce new blood to our sport

I could sit here all day writing list upon list of the good points about BASC

Go up to any land owner gamekeeper shoot organiser and say "Who's BASC?"

They will know straight away who you are talking about

BASC RULES

WB

• 2 weeks later...

I joined the BASA for a year then got a shotgun so I joined basc covers me for all shooting I do :D , just got this months BASC mag through its great, :thumbs:

and farmers like to see your responsable enough to take insurance out makes getting permission easier :/ (but never easy)

paying joining fee for my dad for crimbo, tight *** he is (Bless him :*) , and its all for a good organisation,

go basc you wont regret it, not that thers anythin wrong with basa, :D

• 1 year later...
at the moment i am not a member of any,whitch one would you say is the best i did not rejoin the basc this year.

The clay pigeon shooting association (CPSA) is only about £26 or there about, can't remember the correct amount but it won't be far out, it gives you the same insurance as BASC for any shooting sport and is a lot cheaper if cost is an issue, the BASC membership gives you a better magazine etc and is a good organisation if you are not bothered about the extra cost. But join one for the insurance alone it's a must.