Drive Assist

fortune82

Has anyone had any dealings with a company called Drive Assist?

I was involved in a car accident last weekend which has damaged my own car, which was not my fault. My insurance company then farmed me out to Drive Assist to arrange a courtesy car and repairs. They delivered a £28,000 BMW to replace a suzuki!!!

Anyway I have been warned by numerous people now that this company is very good at finding damage on courtesy cars when they pick them up. Has anyone had any dealings with this company and what were your experiences?

Thanks for any help!

I've had a couple of cars through them without any issues. All I can suggest is you take photos of any damage when you accept the car and take some of the exterior when you hand it back. Pratting about I know but it should cover you. We do this when we use a hired van but never had to put it to the test......yet.

I had the same thing, brand new BMW, 16 miles on the clock to replace a 96 Passat, used it for a month then got them to change it for an Astra as I was scared of some plonker in the supermarket carpark dinging it.

I found Drive Assit to be very good, we have had to use them three times over the last few years and never had any issues with them.

I would be suprised if they were a touch a.n.a.l about damage as i'm sure they're raking it in via other ways.

They've given you a serious bit of kit with a nice price tag as I assume it won't be your company footing the bill for it.

Gibby

Id highly recommend them, My mrs has a accident in my 90 which was written off. i had a car from drive assist within 2 hours of the accident, and i requested it be another 4x4 i ended up with a freelander 2 brand new with delivery miles on it was well chuffed lol. Ended up having it for 3 months at no expence to me i werent complaining as i werent paying the £500 per week lol.

Drive assist are one of the 'cleaner' credit hire companies -= they now deal with lots of insurers directly. in terms of the damage process - i would take pics with the delivery driver present - any company renting / leasing or lending cars will have to check a car over for damage - just make sure you do your bit at the front end

in terms of the vehicle supplied- they can only recover for a similar replacement vehicle - and only if it can be justified, and then only for a 'reasonable' repair length or settlement length.

similar is either the size, or capability - the 'spec' could only be recovered if the need for a prestige car can be demonstrated - just beacuse you drive a flash car -doesn not always mean you could justify recovering the costs of hiring one!

ps - the reason its called 'credit hire' is because you have to sign a 'credit agreement', which they can enforce against against YOU if the claim against the third party fails

Drive assist are one of the 'cleaner' credit hire companies -= they now deal with lots of insurers directly. in terms of the damage process - i would take pics with the delivery driver present - any company renting / leasing or lending cars will have to check a car over for damage - just make sure you do your bit at the front end

in terms of the vehicle supplied- they can only recover for a similar replacement vehicle - and only if it can be justified, and then only for a 'reasonable' repair length or settlement length.

similar is either the size, or capability - the 'spec' could only be recovered if the need for a prestige car can be demonstrated - just beacuse you drive a flash car -doesn not always mean you could justify recovering the costs of hiring one!

ps - the reason its called 'credit hire' is because you have to sign a 'credit agreement', which they can enforce against against YOU if the claim against the third party fails

I'm with you on this one ;) always read the small print :lol::lol: we sent ours back! and purchased a banger whilst awaiting settlement :P

Paladin