Thermos Boxes & Vacuum Flasks

woodcock11

Help needed please!

Last season we managed to get some rough shooting and usually it involved around 20 people - walk/beat/stand.

We got a local cafe to do soup sandwiches etc but it worked out quite expensive. Thought we would make our own soup at home and also something like hot sausages to have with rolls, ketchup, mustard etc in future to save money.

The thing is we would need to keep everything hot for around five to six hours. We would eat at the vehicles so carrying the stuff is not a problem.

We are looking to buy large sturdy vacuum flasks for the soup and either Thermos boxes or wide mouth flasks for the sausages. Also any help on insulated cups/mugs would be great.

Previous flasks either have not kept things hot enough or worse still the glass lining has broken so you have a mush of soup & broken glass! We were given some stainless steel flasks by an agricultural rep which worked well but after a while something went wrong with the stoppers and they leaked and the contents got cold very very quickly.

Anyone out there with experience on good kit and where to get it from - [i am half expecting someone to say Lidl!!] and am happy and grateful for any ideas and suggestions - at least we have left lots of time to get organised!

Cheers

Why not take a portable gas BBQ and heat all the stuff up on site.Atleast this way you'll be guaranteed it'll be nice and hot.

Thanks for the idea - but I think it would take too long to do for 20 people - soup AND sausages plus the fact that it does rain in Ireland - sometimes!!! and to try to organise a BBQ in the rain plus deal with a load of cold wet and hungry people seems a big task.

I've got a coleman Ultimate Xtreme "6 Day" Coolbox. It pretty big but has big fold out pull handle and wheels. I've seen it keep ice frozen for over 3 days so I would imagine it would keep hot stuff just as well.

However, dont make the same mistake David Beckham made when his manager told him about thermos flasks. He was told a thermos was good for keeping hot things hot and cold things cold so the next day before training Beckham filled it up with coffee and a choc ice. :good:

Help needed please!

Last season we managed to get some rough shooting and usually it involved around 20 people - walk/beat/stand.

We got a local cafe to do soup sandwiches etc but it worked out quite expensive. Thought we would make our own soup at home and also something like hot sausages to have with rolls, ketchup, mustard etc in future to save money.

The thing is we would need to keep everything hot for around five to six hours. We would eat at the vehicles so carrying the stuff is not a problem.

We are looking to buy large sturdy vacuum flasks for the soup and either Thermos boxes or wide mouth flasks for the sausages. Also any help on insulated cups/mugs would be great.

Previous flasks either have not kept things hot enough or worse still the glass lining has broken so you have a mush of soup & broken glass! We were given some stainless steel flasks by an agricultural rep which worked well but after a while something went wrong with the stoppers and they leaked and the contents got cold very very quickly.

Anyone out there with experience on good kit and where to get it from - [i am half expecting someone to say Lidl!!] and am happy and grateful for any ideas and suggestions - at least we have left lots of time to get organised!

Cheers

back in the day, us royal engineers where glad to see what we knew as 'norgies' - like a big thermos with a removeable lid. 1x for food & 1x for tea - heaven! google & you should find in army surplus