small rifle

welsh warrior

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright dont nock what he's buying :good: I have a cz american but would have gone synthetic if i could but the dont do left hand synthetic models at the end of the day my rimmie is a tool that will be lent on wing mirrors and trees and so on and simply put it will get nocked around so synthetic could be of benefit quite easily. Also i do like the look of synthetic with steel or nickel the contrast does it for me :good: all the best with your new rifle WW you wont go wrong with a cz or .17hmr.

George

I don't understand this, my CZ isnt simply for looks, it gets knocked around, pulled through hedges, lent on fences, doesnt seem to do it any harm, i just look after it. I know it varies with taste, but i dont understand this argument that it makes such a huge difference, free float the barrel with a wooden stock and the minimal change in temperature and moisture will make very little difference anyway. Up until recently all stocks were made from wood.... why has this suddenly become such a huge problem in such a mild climate as englands?

wow these rifles are underated and under priced i know they are good but only now im seeing that they are just exellent rifles and aint that mauser action the best in the world? for a bolt action

they are, and im pretty sure the mauser action is the most widely used in the world, far more than the lee-enfield action. And the CZ's are incredibly accurate.

I don't understand this, my CZ isnt simply for looks, it gets knocked around, pulled through hedges, lent on fences, doesnt seem to do it any harm, i just look after it. I know it varies with taste, but i dont understand this argument that it makes such a huge difference, free float the barrel with a wooden stock and the minimal change in temperature and moisture will make very little difference anyway. Up until recently all stocks were made from wood.... why has this suddenly become such a huge problem in such a mild climate as englands?

Im just saying a synthetic stock has its place and like i said i have a wooden stocked CZ and do like it and like you it gets used and its a shame to say a little bit abused but thats the way it is all I was trying to say was synthetic stocks do have their potential advantages its not the climate one that would sway it for me but that it wont get scratched as bad.

George

i was watching a program on some chanel on discovery called tales of the gun its a show about all gun things different makes history etc...and there was one bit and they said that the usa went to see the mauser and wanted to make they own bolt action but in the end they came up with the same bolt action as the mauser they couldnt make it better.come to think of it do you think we have come to the very top of gun making i mean how much more can we push it forward i think the biggest advance we have made in firearms is the ammo not the gun...what do you think guys?

:P:lol::P shooting it is so much more important than looking at it :good:

This is the truest post on this thread! Just put a reasonable scope on it and get out and enjoy your rifle!

I have a wooden stock and an old SAK Moderator on mine and it has been knocked about, dented and scratched while climbing over walls, hedges and fences, it has been knocked around by stones on the ground in quarries, it has has rain, blood, muck and all sorts of other "undesirable" things on it. All in all it can only be described as looking "well used", but it still shoots just as accurately as the day it was new!

I try to take care of it, I clean it well whenever it gets messy or damp but it is a working tool to me and I don't worry too much about how it looks, it's how it shoots that is important to me. :P I don't want something to sit on my mantlepiece for visitors to admire, I want a rifle that will do a good job and shoot straight! I can still aim straight between the eye and ear of a rabbit at 150 yards and know that the bullet is going to hit in that spot (If it doesn't then it is my fault and not the rifles) and that is what matters to me.

MY CZ 452 17HMR might not be the prettiest of rifles but (In my opinion) being a CZ 452 it is one of the best and it does exactly what it says on the box! :good: :o :good:

is it true that if you want a semi auto rifle .22lr say the ruger that you can only use that as a target shooting rifle not for vermin.i was told you cant have anything that looks like a army style rifle or anything like that.and i asked down my local gun shop and they said that its still only a .22lr you can buy any army style looking rifle you want becuase i was going to get that new ruger thats comeing out it looks like m4 carbine thing you know a tactical looking rifle. but i was put off cuase some one told me that the police would not like you to have a semi auto for vermin but its still only a .22lr just semi auto.

You can use a semi-auto for vermin if you want, no problem. If you've got a license for .22 rimfire you can get any sort you like.

The gunshop guy was probably referring to the new Ruger SR-22. If that's what floats your boat ...

That is truly horrific, obviously for the american youngsters market.

haha ok ..im still going forr the cz452 but when i was first looking at rifles i thought it looked good thats all :( cant wait for my fac to come back...ive already got my sgc had it for a few weeks now will that help speed up the fac forms?

A CZ bolt action is a sensible choice as a first rifle. Semi's can be fun but tend to be a bit finickity and can need tuning to perform well, whereas a CZ should shoot well straight out of the box (although many people lighten the trigger with a simple kit that's cheap and easy to fit)

Your FAC will be here soon - patience is a virtue that you will need after you've got your hands on a rifle as well as beforehand.

By the way, the pink beauty above IS a CZ452 - the Scout model (Scouting for Girls?). Go on, get one - you'll be the talk of the valleys, I can guarantee it :yes: