Pheasant's first time

barrie0

The farmer invited me to go out with him and his old man today for a spot of walked up pheasant shooting , the last time I shot a pheasant was about 20 years ago with an air rifle (head shot) . After watching the pheasants on my permission for the last few months flying about I thought this is going to be a piece of **** . First one up , me and the farmer both let rip side on about 20 yards away both missed , second chance for me side on 30 yards away , both barrels and missed . third and fourth chance both birds about 30 yards up sailing over me I thought to myself these are dead , both barrels on each and missed again :*) by now I was starting to feel a bit embarrassed and I am sure I had missed them all in front as I am so used to the clays and woodpigeons moving faster and these birds seemed so much slower . Anyway the farmers seemed amused by my s*&t shooting and decided to walk over a 4 acre field of 1ft high barley for one last go , I felt like putting the gun back in it's slip and just watching as I did'nt want to humiliate myself anymore but carried on regardless . Hardly 30 yds into the field and two hen pheasants got up in front of me about 20 yds away and I ended up claiming my first left and right on pheasants and also for my new gun :D . Thank god for that I thought to myself as they both let out a cheer , they have invited my out again next time so hopefully I shall do better . I shall cook those two birds later in the week and enjoy every bit of them . :D