Dog during the day?

Hi everyone, just a quick question. Do many/ any of you leave your dog's in the kennel during the day whilst your at work?

Im slowly getting the mrs round to letting me have a working dog, its just she's not keen on leaving it by itself during the day, some day's prob twice a week i could take it to work.

Hi everyone, just a quick question. Do many/ any of you leave your dog's in the kennel during the day whilst your at work?

Im slowly getting the mrs round to letting me have a working dog, its just she's not keen on leaving it by itself during the day, some day's prob twice a week i could take it to work.

Our's are in for between 3 to occasional 5 hrs a day. Dog's tend to sleep when there's not much to do anyway.

Then again, I'd live in their kennel :good:

4483899466_7a83dd0e62.jpg

Not sure I would be as keen on leaving a single dog alone, good reason for another pooch :good:

We leave ours for up to 8 hours a day, Monday to Friday. we crated her when she was destructive, but for 2 months now she has just been on her bed in the kitchen.

Been no destruction, no mess, no howling/ barking.

Some people don't agree with it, but although it is not ideal it is working. I have come home at various hours in the day and she's been asleep, usually upside down in her bed! If I am out the full 8 hours, she is ALWAYS asleep when I get home!

Hi,

I kennel my dog for about 8 hours a day. When we are out of the house he is in his kennel, he sleeps in the house at night in the utility room. He is as happy as larry...! I keep in him at night because I figure it gives him a rest from the kennel. I think that the key is to do it straight from the start. If it is what your dog has always known from a pup he thinks that it is normal (which it is in our house). I would love to take him to work with me and spend more time with him but can not. Seems to work for all of us though.

The other thing that helps a great deal is to walk/train him for an hour every morning. I get up at six and when I come back through the door at 7am the rest of the family are just waking up. Feed him then put him in his kennel at 9am ish.

Good luck :angry:

• 1 month later...

i have mine outside all the time and it dont come to any harm and he is very keen to please now that i have moved him out side and he prefers being out then indoors.

i have come from a shooting back ground and from a back ground of breeders and all there dogs were housed out doors.

he is obviosely walked 2 times a day daily wind, sun, rain, snow any weather basicly and trainning 3 times a week and he is fine. every one is differnt and do things differntly you have to decide what is going to be best for you and your dog as long as you play and bond with it you will be fine. and build that bond up over time.

i am on my first dog and as most with there first i hit a few problems but i have corrected them and all is going well. and hope to have him on the shooting field by the time the season starts. take things easy and slow. best advice i was ever given off this forum. but i dont see any issue with you housing a dog out side so long as it is walked fresh water given all the time and fed.