Please Help something has gone wrong :(

I was shooting today happily untill i put some 53gr 1's through my gun, after this the next round did not get fed in to the breech (Mossberg 9200 semi auto) and the action would'nt release forward without some help and also when closed it did not want to open for a while. So when i got home i discovered to find my fiering pin in 2 parts :thumbs:, as i'm pretty new to the game are semi auto firing pins universal, also as i'm in an area without any real gun shops is there any one that could get hold of one then that i could buy off of them.

Also how easy is it to remove the whole firing pin and replace it with a new one??

Please help as at the moment i'm gunless, please can someone give me some info on the matter

Thanks very much

I just did a Google Images search on "Mossberg semi-auto 9200" and came up with one hit.

http://www.havlinsales.com/model500.htm

It is an American site.

They show the costs of spares/replacements for the guns.

A "new style" firing pin cost $8 (about £5.60) and the "old style" cost $14 (about £10).

So rabbitstopper, this shouldn,t cost you a fortune.

All we have to do is locate one and find out how to fit it.

Hopefully Steve will have some ideas.

I,ve found the Mossberg US site, but no reference to a UK agents/suppliers list.

I have emailed them stating your problem and asking for the name of a UK agent who can supply and fit if necessary, preferrably in the South East.

We will see what happens.

I suspect that any "good" Gunsmith could sort something out. I would suggest not fiddling with it yourself or letting anyone else fiddle with it.

Otherwise it may end up costing a lot more money.

Did you buy it from a shop or private ?

You also need to know why it broke, thats not a usual problem with a semi-auto, in my experience.

rabbitstopper, I think some of the Mossberg firing pins are interchangeable, but I am not sure about other Manufacturers firing pins.

The problem is that firing pins tend to LOOK alike, but the variations may be small, but necessary.

Check out http://www.mossberg.com

you may get some more information there.

I also suggest you wait a couple of days to see what other information we can find out regarding help in your area, also we haven,t heard from Steve yet and he has a Mossberg.

rabbitstopper, glad to hear your good news, I made a couple of phonecalls and could have got you one, lucky I checked here first. :thumbs:

You still need to find out why it broke.

It would be worth asking Deben what loads are recommended with the gun and what chamber lengths you have.

You did say earlier that you had trouble getting the cartridge in to the breech.

Have a look at the cartridges you have left and make sure they are not swollen or distorted in any way.

Personally, I would get rid of them and buy something a bit more "friendly" to you and your gun.

rabbitstopper, dry-firing will damage firing pins very quickly, that could be the cause.

If your gun is definitely able to use those No.1s and there is nothing wrong with the cases, then use them up.

I had some old "paper" cartridges that had got damp and swollen. My local gunshop took them and disposed of them for me.

I do know the owner very well and I am not sure every shop would do this.