30-06

Would a 30-06 be suitable for deer stalking and if so would the FLO allow me to have one over say a .270

maybe a little too much for the smaller species, .243 is generally accepted as the right calibre for everything up to Roe, possibly Fallow, with something larger for Reds & Sikas, .308 is very popular. Or something like 6.5x55 gives huge flexibility accross all species.

More that suitable for deer :good:

You will have rifle calibre for just about anything you will ever go for in this country and others, you can load from 110 grain to 220 if you wish, but as said 308 will do very simalar, and use less powder in doing so and then you could choose 270, 6.5 x55 :lol:

One think though i have noticed is that 243 do a fair amount of damage to the carcuss being a lighter faster bullet compared to the heavier cailbre bullets.

Below is a link to my first time salking using a 30.06

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...c=80818&hl=

Yes 30-06 is a great caliber,a good proven all rounder,and I concour that .243 messess up the carcuss.30-06 gives u (I think) the most flexibility than any other caliber full bore (again my personal opinion) others will argue all day about it but wat other caliber can u use a 100 gn bullet right up to a 350 gn bullet and the space for the powder behind it? Again its very much you're own personal choice,the right tool,u simply put the tool to the job.I will concept that 6.5x55 is a nice round,and becoming more popular all the time.personally I did use to think sometimes how the .243 did so much carcuss damage that a .223 would do the same job.

You are about 7 years to too late for that one :yp:

30-06 is fine calibre just ask Dougy if you have a bit of spare time :good:

Your not taking the Mick are you Stu :hmm: lol

If Little Dave wants to know what a 30.06 can do i and he buys the beer's i wouldnt mind telling him "Aaalllllll about mine" over a few :sneaky2:

On a more serious note though, you cant get anything better that a 30.06 in the whole wide world :oops::mad::lol: it will make you dribble shooting it :hmm::lol: