help with FEO please

mad1

i am currently appliying for my sgc i have the cabinet now i am aware that it needs to be fixed to a solid wall . what would you recomend i do put it in place before hand or wait till they come out :D im just trying to make it go through quicker would it be worth while :big_boss: also any one know who i would be getting to see me ,how long would i expect to wait ,any advise what i need to be saying or not be saying to them :P

I put mine in place to start with, obviously don't put it anywhere silly, have the door facing so you can't get anything into the hinge to easily prise it.

I think your FEO would appreciate the one visit.

For a shotgun the police need a bloody good reason not to give you one, if they are coming to interview you..you're just about there. Don't worry.

Edited by kyska

If you've already got the cabinet-install it in an out of the way place.Depending on what your particular Police force is like it could save the chap/chappess having to make another visit to make sure its fitted corectly.

As for what to say.What do you want it for? Thats going to be probably the first thing he or she will ask you! They're not trying to catch you out or and just want to be satisfied you're safe.

I fitted my cabinet before FEO came as it saved him coming out twice. As for who you will be getting to come out and see you FEO's for our area change like the wind I have had 5 different ones in the last few years. Just listen to what they have to say mine never asked me anything apart from where I was going to use it and he was gone within 10min didn't even want a cuppa just relax and be yourself.