Removing moderator

Country_est

Hi, I am looking to get a mod fitted to my Career 707, (thanks to Roblade). The problem is the gun wont fit into the case with it on, so is there going to be any probs with fitting it each time I use it.

If it is going to afect zero does anybody have any idea by how much, or is it just a case of trying and seeing it on the range.

Thanks for any info

Trev

I suppose it depends on the Mod and how it is fitted. I don't know about the Career but my logun has a standard thread fitment and I have never had problems with taking it of and putting it back on. This is done twice each shoot and im normally out twice a week. So no would be my answer.

No mate it will not alter the zero. If you shoot without it, it will have a different zero, (if you have zeroed it with the silencer on). No difference to my .22 rim, too long with the silencer on to fit in the case, so it is always put on in the field.

Just remember to Zero your rifle with the silencer on first B)

Having studied a photograph closely it looks like a tricky operation moderating this gun as there appears to be not too much of the barrel protruding.

Thing to look out for if your groups become eratic as a result of this moderator is deflection caused by a very slight mis-alignment.

Trev.............That gun is so ugly that it'll scare the quarry off before your in range mate B)

I have never known any of my silencers affect zero by being removed and then re-fitted .........unless its on a floating barrel or having to supress high velocity CTR/HMR Fire ammo where your shooting at long and very long ranges .

Ive

No mate it will not alter the zero. If you shoot without it, it will have a different zero, (if you have zeroed it with the silencer on). No difference to my .22 rim, too long with the silencer on to fit in the case, so it is always put on in the field.

Just remember to Zero your rifle with the silencer on first B)

Hi Trev,

glad your getting on well with it B)

as for the silencer being removed for transport, as kip has said , as long as you zero the rifle with the silencer fitted there wont be any problems removing it and refitting it for shooting. dont forget to re zero if your shooting without it though as zero could be altered by a huge amount without the silencer!

ROB :(

Thanks for the input guys,

Deadeye, gun looks better in the flesh, almost like an o/u shotgun, which is my main type of shooting so with the straight stock I find it OK.

Still just learning the gun, have not yet got the moderator, (its in the post somewhere) so have zeroed the gun with out, will re-zero with.

Also have to start working out the holdover and see how much changing the mag of the scope also changes zero. Spent £45 on the scope + laser + postage, and its a 3-9*50 with parallax adjustment. (i know I will take some flack for this) but as its only shooting on the range on a sunday morning 15 - 50 meters on a 12fp air gun it seems to be OK for that. B)

Well you live and learn. I was under the impression that taking the moderator on and off was not a good idea. B)

Well not always the case, some dont mind removing and screwing em up again, but sometimes it can screw them up!

basic rule of thumb allen key silencers should stay where they are screw on silencers they have the thread for a reason.

but then you could always argue that if the rifle falls over in the case there more chance of damaging the rifle badly if it hits the silencer and bend the barrel, so a couple of shots re zeroing seem a cheap option.

ROB B)

basic rule of thumb allen key silencers should stay where they are

Yep B)

My gun has a shrouded barrel ,never seen the crown and probably never will and it shoots unbelievably accurate .

Your right AXE the crown is an integral part to accuracy but like rimfires too much TLC can do more harm than good mate.

Ive