Up Close With Fox Cubs.

you silly ole soft lad :good:

nice vid you have to do the homework to get it right i spend many an hour with just binos and a flask.......

I can't think of a better way to learn about wildlife and fieldcraft mate. I am quite often perfectly happy to be out and about watching what is around me without even taking a shot, and if I do get a shot then that's just an added bonus!

I always say that theres a lot more to shooting live quarry than just pointing your gun at everything you see and just pulling the trigger!

Edited by Frenchieboy

what you have to remember with foxes really is to take every chance as you just never know whether its one thats lampshy or taking a lamb a night. In this case you did it by the book and it worked however in the time you left it farmer Giles has lost lambs and chickens and presumably other wildlife so your sentimentality has come at a cost. We hammer them all the time and rarely have long periods without one about and as a result our Hare and English partridge populations are doing well

what you have to remember with foxes really is to take every chance as you just never know whether its one thats lampshy or taking a lamb a night. In this case you did it by the book and it worked however in the time you left it farmer Giles has lost lambs and chickens and presumably other wildlife so your sentimentality has come at a cost. We hammer them all the time and rarely have long periods without one about and as a result our Hare and English partridge populations are doing well

you are right but then again its what fits your circumstance, on a shoot that puts birds and game down control is the key....... perhaps others can go about things in another manner.

My block has one land owner putting birds down but none of the others do, I have to let them all know when i visit so they know who is about and why (we get ****** nicking gas bottles etc) i have to spend time doing the rounds mostly sat mornings and early pm looking for earths, or where a kill has taken place so i can get an idea of where i need to be....... often i am on my own so i have to do sit outs from high seat and truck..... get it wrong its a long night :good: