A novice's 2nd attempt at clay shooting

jojusa

I went to Widdrington gun club today for my 2nd ever attempt at clay shooting (got 23/50 first time). First of all, I must say that Widdrington gun club is an excellent club for the novice or experienced shot. A very friendly bunch of guy's who are only too happy to try and help with your shooting if your new to the sport or experienced and just having an off day. It was also nice to see a couple of PW members again (shaun4860 & besty57) and to meet bunnykiller, thanks for a great day lads.

It was a sporting shoot 50 birds and it was a beautiful day for it..........

I started off feeling very nervous and shot 3, then calmed down a little and got a 7,

then filled my boots with a 10, followed by an 8, then I finished the shoot with a big fat

ZERO ! ! ! sAng_scream.gifsEm_blush8.gifsFun_duh2.gif

Clay shooting can be frustrating but I really enjoyed it and finished with 28/50 which I was very happy with and I will definately be going back at some point to try and improve on that score. So for any novice thinking about shooting clays ...... give it a go because you'll love it. :good:

ATB

John

Well done, that`s not a bad score for a first timer. :good:

Go get a couple of lessons though, it will save you thousands of £s in the long run and your scores will jump up dramatically if you keep doing what the instructor tells you. :yes:

Hear hear mate - I don't always (or even often!) shoot that well, but I always have fun :good:

Yes sandspider, it is great fun if not a little nerve-racking but that soon passes.

Well done, that`s not a bad score for a first timer. :yes:

Go get a couple of lessons though, it will save you thousands of £s in the long run and your scores will jump up dramatically if you keep doing what the instructor tells you. :lol:

Cheers COACH, lessons would be good but to be honest I only shoot clays on a very rare occasion (twice infact in 2 years).

If I was to do it more often I would have a couple of lessons because I know I was doing a lot of things wrong.

ATB

John

Yes sandspider, it is great fun if not a little nerve-racking but that soon passes.

Cheers COACH, lessons would be good but to be honest I only shoot clays on a very rare occasion (twice infact in 2 years).

If I was to do it more often I would have a couple of lessons because I know I was doing a lot of things wrong.

ATB

John

Its all practice John,

Glad you enjoyed it again.....now the weather has turned for the better its not a bad place to shoot....lol

we turn up and shoot for the fun really.....some take it to heart on the competitions..lol but its the same everywhere

you are more than welcome to come along anytime you wish...

cheers

shaun

Its all practice John,

Glad you enjoyed it again.....now the weather has turned for the better its not a bad place to shoot....lol

we turn up and shoot for the fun really.....some take it to heart on the competitions..lol but its the same everywhere

you are more than welcome to come along anytime you wish...

cheers

shaun

Cheers shaun, I will be back for sure and I look forward to it. :good:

john your doing better than me. :lol: .and i,ve been going to s,smiths&widdrington quite a lot.as u said its more nerves than anything.but i try and

see it as a bit of fun.and i would be quite happy with that score.and there were some hard birds on sunday.imo :good::good::good:

Its great isnt it .. I too went for my 2nd only attempt on my own today, its seriously addictive.

I went to Hodnet (west mid shooting ground) which is just down the road and where PW are holding the North v South competition this weekend, which shaun4860 kindly invited me too to get to find out what goes on at a comp. Dont think I'm going to be able to contribute much to the winning score, but it'll be good to to have a go.

My first session was rubbish - major case of the nerves.

Second - I was a bit better

Third - is a 'competition' this weekend - nothing like throwing yourself in the deep end :good:

Good luck on your next time out.

john your doing better than me. :yes: .and i,ve been going to s,smiths&widdrington quite a lot.as u said its more nerves than anything.but i try and

see it as a bit of fun.and i would be quite happy with that score.and there were some hard birds on sunday.imo :good::lol::good:

Yes Alan but you had the advantage of partaking in our world reknown sarnies.....John didnt.....

says it all really.... :good:

shaun

Yes Alan but you had the advantage of partaking in our world reknown sarnies.....John didnt.....

says it all really.... :good:

shaun

i think i could make them even better .next time i come up i will bring the magic ingreidient with me.

mushrooms :good::hmm:

i think i could make them even better .next time i come up i will bring the magic ingreidient with me.

mushrooms :hmm::good:

Not magic ones I hope or the shooting will really suffer. :lol:

cheers... i think im going to need it...lol

shaun

You won't need it shaun but ............... Good Luck at the North v South shoot. :lol: