bouncers??

markyboy

hi there,i have a couple of bouncers im going to put into use,using dead birds. my question is how important is it to break the wings of the dead pigeon? also is this the same when using my magnet?

the only time i break wings is when i stick birds on a flapper, magnets and bouncers work better with unbroken wings

so is it best not to use them then when its dead calm?

Personally , I take all sorts of gismo's with me. What works one day, might not work the next . There is no hard and fast rules. Try it ! thats what I say. If it works , great, if not, try something else.

As for breaking the wings on a bouncer, I've got to say, I cannot see the point in that at all. Unless you use an electronic flapper on the bouncer, or have devised another way of making the wings flap.

But like I said, try it. Even if it doesn't work today, it might work great next week.

I've never bothered to break the wings when putting them on bouncers or the magnet and never really had any problems. Was looking at burghley game fair this weekend at some of the flexi decoys to put on the magnet as they looked pretty good on the magnet they had displayed. But then at 25 quid for a pair i though they bloody should be. Thinking of just buying some foam and cutting up a fully body decoy as a cheaper alternative.

Dan

where can i get a hold of the things for 25 quid mate?

I saw these at the Burghley game fair on a decoying stand. I think it was called d and r decoying but cant remember for sure. I really dont think they were worth the 25 quid. ALl they were was a full bodied plastic decoy with a slot cut in each side. Foam had been cut and painted to look like wings and these were tucked into the slots. Ill try and find them on the net to send you a link

Dan