Blackberry brandy

dizzylizzie

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and trying to boost the female contingent here! At this point I should admit to being the girlfriend of that notorious anti SmokeyOakey :lol: - feel free to send your messages of condolence! (Only joking luvvie)

Like many of you, we've got lots of sloe gin on the go at the moment, but if you fancy some instant loony juice, try this recipe for blackberry brandy - it's VERY moreish and is ready to drink straight away. Hope you like it!

2lb blackberries

8 cloves

Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg

8oz granulated sugar

10floz brandy

Place the blackberries and spics in a saucepan with half a pint of water. Simmer for 20 minutes, then leave to cool.

Strain the fruit thru a fine sieve, then measure the juice and add 8oz sugar to each pint of liquid.

Put the liquid into a clean saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool, then add the brandy and bottle it up.

I've been told that this concoction improves with time, but sadly we've never managed to make it last beyond a week! :lol: