dog kennel sizes

Just about to start digging a base for a dog. spent a few days thinking about buying one but i wanted a bespoke one for not a lot of money so i will be making it.

it will be for 2 cockers, maybe 3 and they are only in there if we are out for the afternoon, to dry off after being in the lakes and mud and maybe overnight.

question is what size do i make it. i was thinking about 10x5 and 7 high

Phil.

just finished mine today mate 9 ft by 7 ft and 6 ft high , its to house to springers during the day only , seems like plenty of room .

strange though , all though the pup went straight in the older dog hates it and panics a bit when i try and coax her in :good: very strange , i will trying feeding them both in it tonight :yes::lol:

Edited by darren m

just finished mine today mate 9 ft by 7 ft and 6 ft high , its to house to springers during the day only , seems like plenty of room .

strange though , all though the pup went straight in the older dog hates it and panics a bit when i try and coax her in :good: very strange , i will trying feeding them both in it tonight :yes::lol:

Feed them in it everyday, also leave the door open so they can go freely in and out and maybe throw the odd treat in there so the dog goes n gets it then comes out :no:

Darren did you make it so you have two runs?

Darren did you make it so you have two runs?

mate i have,nt as yet , i will do though :) ,

i,ve actually done it out of 4" tanalised post and strong mesh . , just need to get a few more materails to finish .

the cheapest quote i could get was around £500 to £600 for all metal panels , which at the mo just cant afford :)