Numpty, idiot, dopey, empty headed berk!!!!

Fatcatsplat

i'd only fill to about 180bar.

be safe.

:blush:

Why?? As above, it'll take more than 13,000 psi which is almost 900 BAR to cause it to explode.

Excuse the pun, but you'll be shooting yourself in the foot by only filling it to 180 BAR, as it'll just mean you have to go and refill it more often.

Edited by Billy.

• 2 weeks later...
Why?? As above, it'll take more than 13,000 psi which is almost 900 BAR to cause it to explode.

Excuse the pun, but you'll be shooting yourself in the foot by only filling it to 180 BAR, as it'll just mean you have to go and refill it more often.

Hi Billy

The Ripley cylinder (rifle cylinder and not air tank) was tested to destruction in a sandbag padded room as an experiment, i was told this quite a few years ago by a mate so it could be wrong as i didn't hear it though any official channels..

Concerning the 'only filling to 180 bar', some people test their guns to find the power curve, ie, the range in which each shot is at a consistant power output (Muzzle energy).

It's been known for a long time that filling a gun to the recommended pressure can give you non consistant outputs, 12o/e may know the the band is from say 180 bar down to say 60 bar so that above the 180 bar there may be too much pressure within the cylinder for the hammer to push the valve fully open so the output is lower but with each shot the output goes up and will become consistant until he reaches the bottom of the powerband when it will drop again..

When people say that they get (say) '60 useable shots', they could very well get over a hundred out of one charge but 40 wil be 'non useable' or accuracy will be useless....

clear as mud eh?? :good:

Cheers, John :look:

Regarding the 'Ripley cylinder', i called it by the wrong name and should have called it the 'Ripley receiver'...(sorry :hmm: )

Got myself an S410 TDR off young Stubby on here the other week and it is an absolutely fantastic piece of kit - Have used it on targets and bunnies and works like a dream.

However.........Filling it up yesterday, i filled it up to 200 on the meter and then turned the tank off, but left the nozzle connected. Only trouble is that it wasn't exactly off, which i discovered about 10 minutes later when, with a very loud bang, the hose disconnected from the gun!! The pressure was reading way past the clock and i fired off a bundle of pellets to try to take the poundage down. The first 20 shots were extremely low power and as the pressure dropped, the power seemed to increase and it's back on form now. It doesn't seem to have done any damage, but am wondering what damage it could have done - Any ideas?

Sorry I thought that was only me.Jim.The title of your post.