scope for .243

flash

hi my dad was told that he was using an air rifle scope on his .243, its a walther 3-9 x 40 with illuminated reticle, the guy who told him this is a military sniper and is an MOD deer manager. he thgen tried to sell my dad a Zeiss. and i was wandering what you guys views on scopes are

any help

flash

This is what I use on my .223 and .22lr

Simmons Pro-Air 4-12x40 AO Matte w/ Tgt Turrets Telescopic Sight ( Scope )

SIM21613-

1) Amber fully coated optics for clear bright images

2) Adjustable objective for parallax corrected focussing at airgun ranges and optimum reticle /image focus

3) Waterproof, shockproof and fogproof

4) Target BDC turrets for ease of adjustment and repeatability

The 4-12 x 40 is ideal for quick target aquisition at normal air rifle distances

It's never lost zero and it's light gathering qualities at dusk and under lamp conditions is excellant for what it cost.

For £150 by on-line from the States .........Consider the Aetec range. :lol:

I hav'nt yet worked out yet as to what makes a Scope only a Air Gun scope in the upper price range catagory.

Ive

PS.......I'm saving up for a Smidt. :thumbs: :lol::lol:

Buy the best quality you can afford

hi my dad was told that he was using an air rifle scope on his .243, its a walther 3-9 x 40 with illuminated reticle, the guy who told him this is a military sniper and is an MOD deer manager. he thgen tried to sell my dad a Zeiss. and i was wandering what you guys views on scopes are

any help

flash

If your dad is putting in good groups and is happy with the scope, tell him not to change it. He obviously must be happy with it.

Try to get the model type from your dad and do a search on it to get the relevant info.

Yes i have zeiss.schmidt/bender and leupold scopes, and they are expensive. But i was lucky enough to have the money to get them.

My mate shoots with a cheaper scope than me, think he paid £80(on his .308) and hasn't had any problems :thumbs:

I have to go with Kip on this, if the scope is working well, what does it matter. Interesting post though, as I have a Walther 3-9x40 IR PA scope thats currently on an air rifle. I love the scope, it may not be anything compared to the expensive scopes but within the range and boundaries of the air rifle and rimfire rifles it great. Particularly the parallax, it works very well indeed. Off hand I can't remember the maximum ranges on it but it works for me.