Fox bite

carlosdesilva

The flapping is already starting.......One place I do the rabbits on is a 50 acre equestrian center. The owners are not shooting types at all but they are at least practical. They expressed that pigeon and foxes are not a problem to them so would prefer they were not shot on their land.

That all changed in the week after 5 years I have shot it when they spotted a fox early evening at the end of their garden while the grandchildren were out playing. I dont think for one minute there was any threat but the media whip recently had convinced them it was a danger.

End result, phone call to say shoot any foxes you see on their ground.........

I did'nt question it, all this media scaremongering will result in plenty more charlies being shot countrywide IMO

Edited by starlight32

The flapping is already starting.......One place I do the rabbits on is a 50 acre equestrian center. The owners are not shooting types at all but they are at least practical. They expressed that pigeon and foxes are not a problem to them so would prefer they were not shot on their land.

That all changed in the week after 5 years I have shot it when they spotted a fox early evening at the end of their garden while the grandchildren were out playing. I dont think for one minute there was any threat but the media whip recently had convinced them it was a danger.

End result, phone call to say shoot any foxes you see on their ground.........

I did'nt question it, all this media scaremongering will result in plenty more charlies being shot countrywide IMO

But do we really want to be shooting things "for the sake of it" ? as they had said they are no real threat on an equestrian location and in fact may be a help in reducing rabbit numbers (rabbits are more of a risk to horses due to rabbit warrens and broken horse legs!)

Gixer

they still eat ground nesting birds and leverets etc etc

I had a somewhat drunken conversation about this with a springwatch producer at the weekend :good: I think I got my point across as well as inviting them to view our conservation efforts :yes:

Worst thing is I bump into her fairly regularly just didn't know about her day job, will be making sure I take a varied selection of local wildlife to the next BBQ :good:

Edited by al4x

But do we really want to be shooting things "for the sake of it" ? as they had said they are no real threat on an equestrian location and in fact may be a help in reducing rabbit numbers (rabbits are more of a risk to horses due to rabbit warrens and broken horse legs!)

Gixer

I agree totally on the first point. I also have no desire to start swinging a C/F around there either as I feel it is too difficult to shoot safely due to some of the stuff running about there runs in at 10k a piece. I have a particular stance on fox shooting anyway with the right caliber so I wont be shooting them at all unless I use a shotgun which also be unlikely.