N Ireland representation?

Hi all,

It's been roughly a fortnight since we lost our BASC rep. and it seems that we need one more than ever!

Proposals to the NI Wildlife Order/Bill and last minute ammendments seem to be to the detriment of all countrysports users in NI and those wishing to visit our wee country.

Does it not seem time that BASC advertise and appoint a Director, just like very other regions in the UK? We representation now!

It's brilliant that David BASC lets us know of these troubled times at Stormnt but surely a Director at the coal face can do more?

If BASC are in the process of appointing a Director then brilliant, i stand corrected! If not, why not?

spotlight

thanks david for the quick reply which clarifies the BASC position.

But doesn't it seem like a telling off from the headmaster?

You tell us of 3 staff and a very capable rep (as i'm sure Tommy is!).

But no parity of esteem (to quote our illustrious politicans in NI) with the rest of the UK.

We are after all, paying the same membership fee as someone in England, Scotland or Wales.

But really, are BASC saying that "that's all your entitled to!" and giving us the fingers at the same time.

We tell all, that listen, that BASC is the biggest voice for shooting in the UK, but does that now apply to NI?

Without a BASC Director, i feel hard done by! Surely, we have the clout in NI, with our large membership numbers, to have a Director who can hit them where it hurts!

spotlight :yp:

thanks david for the quick reply which clarifies the BASC position.

But doesn't it seem like a telling off from the headmaster?

You tell us of 3 staff and a very capable rep (as i'm sure Tommy is!).

But no parity of esteem (to quote our illustrious politicans in NI) with the rest of the UK.

We are after all, paying the same membership fee as someone in England, Scotland or Wales.

But really, are BASC saying that "that's all your entitled to!" and giving us the fingers at the same time.

We tell all, that listen, that BASC is the biggest voice for shooting in the UK, but does that now apply to NI?

Without a BASC Director, i feel hard done by! Surely, we have the clout in NI, with our large membership numbers, to have a Director who can hit them where it hurts!

spotlight :yp:

And just how many staff does Scotland have ;):good::P:D:good: :look:

Edited by Tam