Good lad

bigt1754

Considering he'd jump a mile at anything 18 months ago, he's coming on with his confidence.

Poor lad came to me skin and bone (literally) after he'd been mistreated. He's a 2 1/2 year old lab and the size of a springer :lol:

post-10250-1277564755.jpg

No he's still not too happy with the shotgun, though he tolerates being in the hide. A million miles from when I picked him up. I knew when I took him on it was going to be a long long road. He's ok finding my rabbits in the dark with the rimfire though. small victories :hmm:

Trying to make everything fun for him where guns are concerned at the mo. so it goes.... pigeon shot, out of the hide, to go and find it. At least his tail is wagging when he's searching now, he ******** off the first time :lol: :lol: :look: :oops:

If he's not entirely happy with the shotgun-why not get him used to the sound of a childs cap gun? Much quieter and in time might become fully used to gunshot.

I've taken my Bullmastiff rabbit shooting a few times and he isnt bothered about gunshot.However,he flushes the rabbits the completely wrong direction and i'd need an AK47 to get em'! :lol:

Full credit and respect to you for taking him on when he was in such poor condition and in need of help! ???:yes:???

Given time, patience and understanding you might well be able to do something with him in the long term. Even if you can't he will never forget the fact that you helped him when he needed it most!

Edited by Frenchieboy

Full credit and respect to you for taking him on when he was in such poor condition and in need of help! :hmm::lol:???

Given time, patience and understanding you might well be able to do something with him in the long term. Even if you can't he will never forget the fact that you helped him when he needed it most!

Thanks Frenchieboy, :lol:

I wish I had a photo of him when I picked him up. We've bonded so well, He's on the stop when I say (whistle is the next task) and he even knows his lefts and rights (mostly :lol: )

To be honest, I don't mind if I cant get him to work in a formal setting. He sits in the hide and I think, sooner rather than later, he'll get that he has nothing to worry about. A super companion.

bigt