Ford Ranger AT or MT tyre Size

Beno

Hi

Just got a ford ranger 53 plate wanting to change the road tyres for some mud one was wandering which one to get was thinking of getting the BFG MT tyres in 225/75/R16 or 215/75/R16 which size is the best to get I will be using the truck as a shooting truck mostly and commuting to work which is about 5 miles. Would the mt tyres be ok on the road I know there not going to be the best but will they be ok for short distance and the odd trip on the motorway. Or was thinking about getting a at tyre, Anyone that could help would be great

Thanks

Ben

Most people who have BFG MT/R's claim 50K miles of mixed driving. Including Disco 3 owners, and that is a fat beast to haul about!

Go for MT/R

Get new and not used, as the ability of a MT tyre decreases with the amount of wear they have suffered, so while they are excellent with 13mm tread as they come with, when they are down to 5 they aren't quite the second hand bargain you exepct.

To be honest the size difference is not going to be great. the 235 will have a larger rolling radius which will give a small amount of extra ground clearance, but will effect the speedo setting to a small extent. If clearance in not a problem you might be better sticking with standard sizes.

M/T or A/T there are pro's and cons for each. I had AT on L200 and they were brilliant for road and anything but seriously deep ruts, so IMHO if you need MTs you should be questioning if you should be driving there.