Anyone interested in evenings clay shooting?

HDAV

I want to get out and shoot some clays in the evening but can't find anywhere.... Does anyone know of anywhere SW2000 perhaps? or else where that has evening shooting in the summer? I have spoken to nelson and to treetops but both finish before i can get there...If there is enough interest it might be possible to one to open up or stay open later one evening a week. Nelson used to (ABT and DTL) treetops i dont think have planning (is planning normally time limited?)

I want to get out and shoot some clays in the evening but can't find anywhere.... Does anyone know of anywhere SW2000 perhaps? or else where that has evening shooting in the summer? I have spoken to nelson and to treetops but both finish before i can get there...If there is enough interest it might be possible to one to open up or stay open later one evening a week. Nelson used to (ABT and DTL) treetops i dont think have planning (is planning normally time limited?)

I'd be up for that, probably bring another one or two too.

let me know if there is any other interest.

Cheers

Edd

I have been to the Maesteg shoot a few times last year on a Weds. I dont have any details but know where it is. Very relaxed, OK if nothing else doing etc

Can you just turn up? is it sporting? what sort of cost? Its a fair trek from me Ferndale is a bit closer but still a fair way Went to Nelson today where i saw a big notice that said 10-4 only due to noise so dont think any chance of evenings there....

Edited by HDAV

Can you just turn up? is it sporting? what sort of cost? Its a fair trek from me Ferndale is a bit closer but still a fair way Went to Nelson today where i saw a big notice that said 10-4 only due to noise so dont think any chance of evenings there....

Yes, just turn up, no membership required. Its a very basic set up, nothing like Treetops, very casual but nice and friendly. Sporting Layout, 50 birds I think I was paying £10/£12. Bit of a rough track to get there, I walk the last 200yds as I dont have a 4x4.

Its not a proper club as such, just a local farmer who has a few traps and a bit of spare land etc It doesn't compare to £10 for 50 sporting at Treetops, but it is an opportuniny to shoot in the evenings.

Sw2000 is a welcoming place with a pretty good lay out to cater for nearly all diciplins of clay shooting. Last time i shot there it was £25 for 100 clays for none members and £20 for members. And i thinks its £35 for a years membership. It is a bit out of the way up on the Mynedd Islwyn mountain. But its well worth thr journey once you get there.

ATB

DD

Went up there once and was totally put off going back by the "boss" so not overly keen to go back but seems like the only skeet venue local, there is a ground 15 minutes from my house but its not open to the public only corporates and events stuff stag and hen etc but they do let a wildfowling club use it in the summer evenings for practice.

Edited by HDAV