drinking the sea

Hi, my 10 month old lab bitch drinks salt water when ever we go to the beach, i give her fresh water in bowl on arrival at the beach and ensure its available whilst we are there but as soon as we go to the waters edge and into the water she drinks sea water. I stop her but within 30 sec she'll be doing it again, then within the hour has upset tummy

Any ideas?

one of my dogs 13 years of age as aways done this he runs and just opens his mouth in the sea still has not learnt twenty mins or so later out it comes like a hose pipe out his **** hes never done this in the car or van lucky for us on the way home but we live by the sea and some time walk him home the other three dont do this at all we cart stop him and at 13 dont think we will :good:

i live on the coast and am lucky enough to have a dog friendly beach...

my boy will often drink the sea water and then have the squits 10 minutes later..as long as you give your dog a good drink of freshwater after it shouldn't harm him

mine don't seem to get any ill effects

jasp