Wíldfowling

Hubertus

that is the bag from another day. It was from two seasons. Morning and evening flight. The morning we shot the same pond as on the picture above and the evening we shot a smaller pond.

Some good work of the two dogs while retrieving.

HUbertus

post-11-1134840536.jpg

Edited by Hubertus

Nice shooting Hubertus,

But that isn't really what we call wildfowling, ;)

It's duck shooting, big difference.

Cheers,

Mark.

Hubertus, nice duck flight, hope they are all for the table

You ever had a bag like that Wildfowling Mark? we seldom get more than 4 birds a flight on our river or marsh this time of year, can get a few more over the deeks when the weather pulls in and they get hungry,

Pavman,

We tend to stop shooting after 5 or 6 birds which only happens half a dozen times a season, on the odd occasion I dare say we could shoot well into double figures if we wanted. I guess it's different for us as we're out quite often, I very rarely shoot ponds either, it's all on the foreshore.

Cheers,

Mark.

Pavman,

We tend to stop shooting after 5 or 6 birds

Mark

same here, we get some good flight's of mallard in sept over the marsh if we get a flood, but many are young birds which we try to avoid at all times, I have been in a postion to shoot big bags at odd times but dont out of choice, once I have a few for the pot its gun away and just watch for flight lines etc for next trip.

pavman

Guys

Even on flight ponds we stop after 4 or 5 each, and make sure the remainder of the flight gets in in peace.

No point feeding a pond and then blasting hell out of it.

Hubertus

Wildfowling is duck and goose shooting here in the UK,but done on the shore between the high and low water mark (tide line), there is not a big opportunity usually to shoot a lot and if there was it's frowned upon to take too many....

All the best

Hubertus, nice duck flight, hope they are all for the table

Hi Pavman,

they will be eaten and some we need for the local dog course and for the examination (retrieving from reet in the water and on the land). We never throw away any game apart from foxes.

The friend of mine who ownes the estate havent been out for ducks for a longer time. Last season he havent been out at all! So there are really many ducks. So there is no need for a limit. Up to now we have been out 3 times. And got the first time 39, the second time 4, last time 11. There are 3 ponds and some kilometers of river.

Hubertus