A400 Xplor

Daveo26

Iv been hearing talk of the new Beretta semi auto but not actually seen one in the flesh.

I was down in Devon last week and called at the sportsmans, they had one so i bought it.

Iv only put a couple of boxes through the gun a box of 36 grammers (as per instructions) and a box of 28s.

I managed to shoot 2 woodies with the 28s. :lol:

Not bad as i was just running the gun in....

The main reason i bought it is down to the range of cartridges it can shoot 24g to 64g!!

And i see no reason why it wont.

There is some clever gas metering going on in this gun because it seems to spit spent hulls the same distance regardless of weight.

It makes it much easier to find them in long grass also.

The only downsides that iv noticed so far are that you have to be careful when loading cartridges into the mag there is a fair old step to the stainless feed ramp thing! :lol: and the brass on the cartridges is alreading wearing the finish away in this area.

Also its noisy when you press the bolt release! the gun hums like a tuning fork! its just a bit unexpected from a fairly upmarket semi!

I just wondered if anyone else had one?

Cheers Dave.

Irritatingly, i bought the gun in Devon and seem to have left my digital camera there.

Ill put pics up when i can.

All in it's had about 180 through it ranging from 28 grams to 42 grams felt recoil is light considering Mine is the non kick-off version.

I know the the gun is very light, Im not sure how light it is as iv seen three different weights quoted but I shot it along side an SX3 today and and they both "feel" about the same.

Iv stripped the gun today, and it was still fairly clean inside.

I have read somewhere they can go a 1000 rds before they need cleaning?:rolleyes:

Has no-one else got one?;)?

Irritatingly, i bought the gun in Devon and seem to have left my digital camera there.

Ill put pics up when i can.

All in it's had about 180 through it ranging from 28 grams to 42 grams felt recoil is light considering Mine is the non kick-off version.

I know the the gun is very light, Im not sure how light it is as iv seen three different weights quoted but I shot it along side an SX3 today and and they both "feel" about the same.

Iv stripped the gun today, and it was still fairly clean inside.

I have read somewhere they can go a 1000 rds before they need cleaning?:oops:

Has no-one else got one?:yes:?

NO im still more than happy with my URIKA 2 and i cant justify spending more hard earned on what i see as a needless step up ?

I will stick with what i have after all ,im happy with it :oops:

I`m thinking seriously about getting one , so very interested in how you`re getting on . Do you feel the kick-off is worth getting ? , how is it with clays ? , did you consider waiting for the Sporter or Synthetic versions which I think are due out soon ? , barrel length etc ? .

Cheers Sanny

I`m thinking seriously about getting one , so very interested in how you`re getting on . Do you feel the kick-off is worth getting ? , how is it with clays ? , did you consider waiting for the Sporter or Synthetic versions which I think are due out soon ? , barrel length etc ? .

Cheers Sanny

I was told sporters were due at xmas but a ground near me said it had them for sale.....

To me it looked like the field model (narrow rib)

shaun

by the way they are £1395 up here at the mo

Hi

I was really excited waiting for the A400 to come out, and as soon as it did I was waiting to read reviews on it. After doing a little more research and speaking to a few people that had shot it, the common statement was that they wouldn't be happy shooting the bigger loads through it as they would shake the gun too pieces, which was the exact reason for me purchasing one, as it is so much lighter than the Xtrema. Since then I have been waiting for the well tried and tested xtrema to come at the right price. So what I want to know, can this semi handle the 3.5" loads or Not, please put me out of my missery.

i like narrow rib but i like synthetic rather than wood

Cheers Sanny

Mine is non kick off! i dont think a semi needs any additional recoil gizmo's. Its fine for clays i shot 125 on sunday with it. I need to get used to a gun before i shoot it well, I did'nt think about waiting, i saw it, liked it, needed a new semi and bought it.

How much did it cost you . I spotted one at my local at £1225.0 which I thought a great price considering the way autos have gone in price.

I paid £1350, so the price you quoted is GOOD.

Hi

I was really excited waiting for the A400 to come out, and as soon as it did I was waiting to read reviews on it. After doing a little more research and speaking to a few people that had shot it, the common statement was that they wouldn't be happy shooting the bigger loads through it as they would shake the gun too pieces, which was the exact reason for me purchasing one, as it is so much lighter than the Xtrema. Since then I have been waiting for the well tried and tested xtrema to come at the right price. So what I want to know, can this semi handle the 3.5" loads or Not, please put me out of my missery.

I seems to have a more sophisticated gas system than the older beretta's and indeed most S/As and tends to throw the spent hulls a similar sort of distance regardless of weight.

I have fired 28, 30, 42 The biggest i have put through it are 50 grammers, It soaked up the recoil very well from all of them.

I have got a handful of Gamebore Mammoth 3 1/2" 63grams. I will film me shooting 3 and put it on youtube, then we can all find out together.

Hi

i FANCY GETTING ONE,BUT THE 26" version,probably with kick off,Beretta tested the gun for 2 years or so before selling,I doubt that it will shake itself to pieces on the heavy loads. i've seen a couple in 28" barrel,but will wait,i'd like to compiar it to a Browning Maxus at the same time.i tried a benelli M2 in 26" the other day,i liked the feel or that too.Although it's taken me about 9 months to dial myself into the franchi,I'm not sure I wanna "start all over again" trying to get used to another gun

:good: Iv'e had a A400 xplor kick-off for some months now and i have found that the gun performs as it says on the box,shooting clays last saturday and a shooter asked to have a go of it,as he has just bought a new browning semi that fire's all the loads as the A400 and he decided after he had shot mine that he had bought the wrong gun and was amazed at the difference between the recoil of both guns.he like myself have had problems with recoil after having surgery to our necks and i am pleased that i bought mine.will try it again on sat along with my Benelli to see what the difference is between them. .---- :lol: Edited by dave1419

Iv always found Benelli's heavy on recoil.

I remember going to Ruffoth with peter peter of here and a brand spanking Benelli comfort (comfort thats a laugh)

We both put a few 28s through it and then pete said my whinny 101 shoots softer than that, we compared and it definatly did.

They are good guns in as much as they dont need cleaning like most semis but they kick hard.

<_< Iv'e had a A400 xplor kick-off for some months now and i have found that the gun performs as it says on the box,shooting clays last saturday and a shooter asked to have a go of it,as he has just bought a new browning semi that fire's all the loads as the A400 and he decided after he had shot mine that he had bought the wrong gun and was amazed at the difference between the recoil of both guns.he like myself have had problems with recoil after having surgery to our necks and i am pleased that i bought mine.will try it again on sat along with my Benelli to see what the difference is between them. .---- <_<

I'd be interested in your thoughts on those two guns,what benelli do u own

I'd be interested in your thoughts on those two guns,what benelli do u own
hello, i have the benelli crio[raffello] model in 12 gauge,bought it off a woman whose husband had died,its in sound condition and is a dream to shoot,stripping down takes no time at all and above all its nice and light with its carbon rib.and they hold their price as i have been informed. i believe the A400 is a cross over between a beretta and a benelli.don't have a favourite between then as they both suit me fine. hope this helps -Dave

I only want a semi for the foreshore, for geese therefore 3.5" chamber, as my O/U will do everything else. I have been looking for a Xtrema 2 which is tried and tested, and proven, but is quite heavy, therefore the attraction to the A400. Why is the A400, already selling for less than the Xtrema 2?

<_< Iv'e had a A400 xplor kick-off for some months now and i have found that the gun performs as it says on the box,shooting clays last saturday and a shooter asked to have a go of it,as he has just bought a new browning semi that fire's all the loads as the A400 and he decided after he had shot mine that he had bought the wrong gun and was amazed at the difference between the recoil of both guns.he like myself have had problems with recoil after having surgery to our necks and i am pleased that i bought mine.will try it again on sat along with my Benelli to see what the difference is between them. .---- <_<

I only want a semi for the foreshore, for geese therefore 3.5" chamber, as my O/U will do everything else. I have been looking for a Xtrema 2 which is tried and tested, and proven, but is quite heavy, therefore the attraction to the A400. Why is the A400, already selling for less than the Xtrema 2?

I dont know but if you email GMK thet will tell you.

They are pretty good and above all honest about things.

I emailed asking why you can buy a £5-£600 O/U and get a full set of chokes yet they only supply 3 with the a400.

GMK said it was down to money, as Beretta chokes are superior quality, they cost more so beretta opted to supply less with gun to keep prices down.

If or when Berretta brings out the A400 in a synthetic would it be heavier or lighter than with a wooden stock?

I dont know but if you email GMK thet will tell you.

They are pretty good and above all honest about things.

I emailed asking why you can buy a £5-£600 O/U and get a full set of chokes yet they only supply 3 with the a400.

GMK said it was down to money, as Beretta chokes are superior quality, they cost more so beretta opted to supply less with gun to keep prices down.

For a pure fowling gun and particularly for goose shooting, I think you would be better off with an Xtrema 2 mate. The A400 is too light, but thats just my opinion :)

Crispti

That is the conclusion I keep coming back to. Do you know if the xtrema 2 is lighter than the xtrema 1?

have a good weekend all

For a pure fowling gun and particularly for goose shooting, I think you would be better off with an Xtrema 2 mate. The A400 is too light, but thats just my opinion :)