Side by Side Technique.

Norrie

Hiya, More info needed please... :hmm:

I was out doing a bit rough shooting on one of my permissions this morning, and met an old friend I hadnt seen for ages...he was walking his dog..., it turns out, he has a SGC, I didnt know about that, and he didnt know I had mine either... :yes: and he has a couple of Shottys..which he hasnt used for a couple of years....one of which is a Baikal sxs...and i'm going to be the new owner...Wooohoooo...:lol: Gun owners are such nice people...:P

So, anyway... he was telling me ( I use a Rizzini O/U ) that there is a slightly different technigue in using SXS compared to an O/U.....is that true??...if so, what is it :yes:....being a total newbie to Shottys in general...I've not got a clue...:D

Thanks in advance guys.. :no:

Also SxS game guns are sighted differently to O/U Clay guns and shoot flat often meaning the target is hidden by the barrel at the critical moment not a big issue jut one to be aware of, try patterning when you get it to see how it shoots.

Ahhhhh, So, there is a difference.?? :unsure:...Well, I do know the Baikal I bought has two triggers...but as its paid for...and I'm collecting it tomorrow...I'll persevere with it...:hmm:

Thanks for the replies guys...much appreciated..:welcomeani:

I use both, but much prefer the SBS, generally because they are a bit lighter, although my Fausti is quite heavy, I was told by a chap who has used them for 40yrs plus that the shot rises a bit and to aim a little lower, I must admit that after he told me this (and subsequently read it) that it was the case, so at 30 - 40yrds on rabbits I aim around the foot area and always hit the body bang on. obviously the further away the target is the shot starts falling away. I have been shooting many years and still find I am learning all the time, and will no doubt continue to do so.

Just stick some snap caps in it and practise mounting, swinging and pulling the triggers. I never had a problem adjusting to double triggers, it just seemed easy to slip the finger back off the first and onto the second in one movement.

If you struggle with the sight picture then an easy hit bead or similar may help and if it's straight stocked then make sure it's long enough or you may end up with a sore second finger if it clobbers the back of the trigger guard.

Enjoy it, SBS are way more fun to shoot than an o/u or a semi. Only surpassed by a hammer gun :good: