OK Wierd one

Beretta28g

My dog(spaniel) is having trouble in the toilet area.

He is constantly asking to go out and strains and strains for a long perios and all he can manages is a small amount of fluid but no solids.

Should i be worried?

Anyone know any "cures" or causes/ suchlike

Many thanks

I wouldnt be so sure, very often in hospitals, symptoms are alot more guiding that peoples mixed up thoughts about their own illness/problems :good:

Yeah, whats been said is correct, could be lots of things, if it doesant clear up moderately quick, 1-2 days, or he gets sicker, then it has to be vets really :D

Steve

I'd be watching the dog very carefully to see if he's in any discomfort. It could be just constipation, or could be something far worse that'll need at the very least a scan.

If you're concerned about out of hours vets bills, then make sure he's not in any pain and call the vet in the morning.

That said, it it was me, I'd call the vet now, even if it was for some advice.

Hope he's ok.

If he's anything like our daft Labrador he's probably ate a sock, it passes eventually :good:

Seriously though it's got to be the vet unless it clears relatively quickly.

If he's anything like our daft Labrador he's probably ate a sock, it passes eventually :good:

Seriously though it's got to be the vet unless it clears relatively quickly.

It might seem funny until one gets stuck and they need a major operation costing £500, believe me its happened to our dog TWICE, keep socks away from them :D

If he's passing some urine then it's less of an emergency. If the bladder was completely blocked then nothing would pass and it would be an emergency tonight.

If the dog is older (>6/7) and entire prostate problem very likely. Urine infection or cystitis possible. As it constipation/something passing through the bowel. Bladder stones and crystals are on the list of possibilities.

Best get it checked at the vets, take a urine sample with you if you can (from the dog :good:)

Apache - on call this very minute. :D