Witts End

deputy dog

At my witts ends chaps with this gun. Its gone from being the most accurate airgun iv owned an shot, to a nightmare. Out of 12 shots i get a few on the mark and the rest just all over the place. Iv had the gun checked by the dealer, barrel straightness, silencer just incase the pellets were nippeing it. And they assured me the gun was in tip top condition. And they recommened that i try a different brand of pellet. I was currently using accupells which the gun loved at 1st. Now i started using RWS Super Domes, but she still seems to be very inconsistant in accuaracy. Its only 2 months old from being bought new and its already been back to Theoben due to a faulty trigger system. I have joined the Rapid owners club, but for some reason they wouldn't let me sign in saying its some thing wrong with my pass word not matching the user name. tried to rectify it, but with no joy. So can any of you more experienced rapid users enlighten me as to what could be the problem. Could it be the barrel needs cleaning like Center fire, rimfire guns. Though it would be the 1st time iv done this to an airgun barrel. Do any of you clean your airgun barrels.

ATB

DD

have you chronoed the gun???

No that one thing they didn't do down the dun dealers. It sounds like its got got plenty of whack when its fired at a concrete block. . But its doing my head in thinking what could be the trouble with it. Like i said in my last post, i'm at my witts end so to say. If its had been dropped or some thing i would know ths score an get it sorted. but for the life of me , i'm sat down with gun in my hands scratching my head why she's gone from being super accurate to very inconsistant in accuracy. The only thing i can now think it may be. Is the regulator may be a liitle bit faulty an not regulating the right pressure shot per shot. If its not that, i'm stumped.

ATB

DD

test it on a chrono ? have you shot it without the mag ,could be cripping the skirts try that I had a barrel that wouldnt group had to polish the bore and shoots sweet on crossman prems . I`v 2 .177 Rapids one likes prems 7.9 and the other likes prems 10.5 .