Lurcher training

Vermin Dropper

Hi Folks,

I would like any decent books, vids or dvd's on lurcher training,

I can train the basics no probs, but need to know about marking, the run, the attack, and then bringing it back in 1 piece etc, etc,

or if anyone local to the West Midlands is willing to show/advise me/my future dog that would be great, ;)

any info would be appreciated,

cheers.

good to see you back vd.

the warreners hounds terriers and running dogs at work is supposed to be a very good dvd. j. darcys running dog adiction is a very good read. and for training your dog.jackie drakefords understanding the working lurcher.heres a picture of my pup hes only 8 months so he hasnt had much work.

post-7-1136049431.jpg

im sure you have heard of the breeder as he deosnt live that far away from you .

mr hancock. if its just rabbits your after then i dont think you can beat the collie cross or the bedlington terrer cross.but nows the right time to get your pup so you have the light nights/mornings to train him. its not rocket science training a lurcher just like any other dog really.the running bit comes natural to them. heres a pic of my other pup both of the dogs are hancocks 3/4greyhound 1/8border 1/8 beardie

post-7-1136050000.jpg

a lot of people slate him ive heard mixed reviews over him i know a few lads with hancocks dogs and they have had no problems with them.if you brred as many dogs as he does your bound to have a few retarded dogs in some of the litters i guess i was just lucky when it come to choosing my pups well i hope so there both coming on preety well.i ended up going to hanckock because i wanted a collie cross and all that was in the country mans weekley for about 6 weeks was bull crosses so i ended up going to him.only time will tell if my dogs will be good or bad

good luck in finding your dog vd.

post-7-1136141910.jpg

By gum Fert , were you and the cur going to play volleyball over that net :thumbs: Nice pics by the way ! The reason a lot of people slate Hancock is that he's a puppy farmer . He sells so called working dogs , and his dogs have'nt worked in years . The mound of dog **** in his yard should have a public health warning attached to it !

all the best yis yp :thumbs:

By gum Fert , were you and the cur going to play volleyball over that net ??? Nice pics by the way ! The reason a lot of people slate Hancock is that he's a puppy farmer . He sells so called working dogs , and his dogs have'nt worked in years . The mound of dog **** in his yard should have a public health warning attached to it !

all the best yis yp :yp:

:D:):):lol:

LB

By gum Fert , were you and the cur going to play volleyball over that net :lol: Nice pics by the way ! The reason a lot of people slate Hancock is that he's a puppy farmer . He sells so called working dogs , and his dogs have'nt worked in years . The mound of dog **** in his yard should have a public health warning attached to it !

all the best yis yp :P

:D:):):lol: :yp: ???

both times i have been to hanckocks the place was clean and tidy tidier than his house now thats a **** tip