Wish I had a camera

Maidment78

Took the pup out for her evening wonder last night in the paddocks and she did her first perfect point, froze, not a movement, froont foot raised and tail straight, could not work out why though so wondered over to get a closer look and there in the long grass was a Roe fawn, 50 yards further on was a rather worried looking mother so I praised the pup and took her away.

Just wish I had a camera as she was within 2 feet,,,,,,,,

I would like to say I trained her for this but that would be a lie.

Drives me nuts! At ~12months he pointed a couple rabbits whilst on the lead at dusk which I couldn't see without the scope - firm and steady :welcomeani: I shot one of them, let him pick it up and carry it back to the car. Well happy.

When he can see the quarry he'll freeze on the point momentarily and then goes into a crouching, slinky big cat type posture and approach it slowly. Typically as it bolts / flys off he'll charge in briefly but gives up pretty quickly (fortunately).

I use the pigeon wing on a fishing line tied to fishing rod, she points really well but no idea how this will pass to real life hunting but she is only 6 months now so slow and steady, most of what we do is for fun with a hunting undertow but I am not expecting anything from her at the moment, start getting her ready for the gun in two months so the long process of starting gun and games will begin soon.

I bought a GSP for the challenge and it is that, would not change her for the world.

She did catch me a mouse the other day so no matter what she has done something! :welcomeani: